Iluka/Clarence River

Dec

Been fishing alot these school holidays so the post is a bit delayed

Day one 5/4/08

Went to the barra farm got about 40 barra between four of us biggest 87cm and fish of the month at the time don’t know about it now. %7Boption%7D The 87cm fish

Day two 6/4/08

Left at 7:30am to Iluka on the Clarence River it took a few hours to get there then we settled in then me and dad showed the family around Iluka like the river, Bluff, Rockwall and the beach.

Day Three 7/4/08

Dad called Dizzy as he had some stuff to give him and asked what was the best place to fish there in a southerly wind he said the Rockwall and we would go there that afternoon with him to try get a tuna. So we firstly went around Yamba and Maclean then we got back at 2:30pm and we left for the Rockwall. We got out to see another group of guys fishing they were on to a Longtail tuna then it cut the line so I caught some yaka to put it out and straight away it got eaten and the rod was passed over to me so I got it and it just ran then it stopped and started its circle but of corse it cant so what you do is put it into free spool then after a short run click it over and get stuck into them and it worked perfectly. After an hour it was about to be gaffed when at my feet a big brown object came swimming along so I yell out SHARK and sure enough it ate it all but the head so we got it up and it measures 48cm just the head:woohoo: Dizzy said that the tuna would have gone 18kg and it was a tiger shark dam.:angry:%7Boption%7D the bite %7Boption%7D me holding it %7Boption%7D hooked up

Day four 8/4/08

We went down to the Rockwall again but nothing the whole day but I had a fun time watching the 45cm plus bream swimming just at my toes but they wouldn’t eat anything.: angry:

Day five 9/4/08

We decided when the rain stopped in the afternoon we would go down to browns rocks we got some bream and alot of small tailor.

Day six 10/4/08

We went down to browns rocks again get again a few of bream and alot off small tailor.

Day seven 11/4/08

No fishing just going home and sleeping the whole time it was raining and blowing 25 knots from the south and we had about 300mm of rain.

Day eight 12/4/08

Gar fishing at NPD

Day nine 13/4/08

Went to Hinze and got only two bass and we saw three Saratoga

Day ten 14/4/08

Went to creek to try get some bass but none in the afternoon we went and killed about 60 small tilapia in Kurwongbah and two Spangled Perch in about two hours.

Archived