good onshore areas

benno89

Hey benno...i'm in the same boat as u.Not really from here but have checked out alot of places around brisbane thanks to info from this site (really helpful guys) . I'm always looking for someone to fish with , so if ur interested i'm happy to take you to a few places i've had success at!

Welcome to the site Benno. See you are at Bracken Ridge so ariubd tge Trawlers in Cabbage Tree creek would be worth a try for bream. Just go through the old posts and you will find lots of info.

You dont say whether you have transport of not. If you have a car Shultz canal always seems to produce for quite a few of the guys in site.

Cheers

Ray

Anywhere in the brisbane river you can consistantly catch legal bream if you know what your doing. Theres hundreds of spots. along with flattys, cod, ect and heaps of cattys, rays, ect.. If you want to aviod the cattys, dont hurl your bait out as far as you can into the river, just flick close to structure like rockwalls ect only about 5 meters out and you should get bream, flattys and cod.

hey mate,welcome:)theres plenty of land based options around brisbane if your willin to do a bit of exploring.the area under the gateway bridge(murrarie) is a good place to start,can pick up a feed of bream n flathead by castin into the pilons also further down the river theres a few pontoons n jetties(toowong)that hold fish at times, but you'll have to sort through lots of catfish.have a look in the reffidex or google maps for more locations;)

Archived