New BC outfit help needed

flathead

Hey guys well ive decided that its time to get my first BC outfit looking to spend about $240 on rod and reel. I have been doing a lot of looking around. Saw the new team daiwa exceler baitcaster and wanted it to be mine :cheer: i rang up bcf and asked if they had any and how much they costed he replied they havent come out in australia yet :( and would cost $220. I wasnt going to take no for an answer so i started looking on ebay and i found one for only $70 a the moment new and ships to australia :woohoo:. So looking to buy it soon but onto the rod side of things im still a bit confused i was looking at the tournament starlo stix and they look pretty good 2,5 kg's and the 4,8kg could you guys give me some help and a good rod with a good price tag and any onther reels that are good:

The rod will be used for all round fishing from thready hunting to jack lure flicking ect;)

cheers callum

Mate if you're looking at chasing bigger fish then go for one with a heavy drag like minimum 10lb. Not sure how much the Revos are going for these days on ebay but might be an option. There's heaps of BC rods out there around the $100 mark. best thing to do is go have a feel as line rating can be really deceiving. You'd want something like 10-17lb for jacks though absolute minimum.

Edit: Maybe a little more than you wanted to spend but a solid reel. http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-REVO-STX-BAITCASTING-REEL_W0QQitemZ230244328976QQihZ013QQcategoryZ108153QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

yeh that reel looks pretty sweet ive alredy got some 20lb platypus super braid 300yrds and im sure that would handle most fish i would be throwing thing like slick rigs, 80, 120mm lures like liplis crank baits, jackalls and diving lures and also possibly some a bit smaller lures 50-60mm

Archived