How's it going?

mangler

G'day everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself to this great site.

I'm a very keen fisher, however have only recently started to get back into it after discovering so many good spots within an hour of Brissy. Before that fishing for me basically only happened when on holidays down the coast or back home on parents property. Nowdays I get out there usually 3-4 times a month and have been loving it.

Am only land-based at this stage, hopefully changing that sometime in the next couple of years. Favourite spots include Sandgate/Shorncliffe area, Redcliffe area and bridge, The Spit and around Seaworld. Mainly catching the usual Bream, Flatty's, Whiting, Sand & Mud Crabs, still no complaints from me, even just wetting a line is better than a day at work!

As for freshwater, fished a few of the western rivers & dams for Cod, Yellowbelly, Catfish etc. And then when I manage to get enough time to get back home to my parents cattle property the old man and I wind down at the end of a days work by fishing some of the dams on the place. Depending on the dam chosen can end up with Yellowbelly, Silver Perch, Murray Cod, Catfish and Yabby's. Then there Is the two big deeper dams, which we have stocked with Silver Perch, Rainbow Trout, and just recently Bass. Sounds like a tough life doesn't it? Dad often wonders if I come home to help out on the farm or just to fish???

Anyway, would love to meet some of you one day, and the Brisbane River Classic is sounding good...

Cheers, Matt.

G'day all, thanks for the warm welcome. Had a bit of a fish on the weekend around Shorncliffe, plenty of little bream and thousands of toadfish, did end up with a couple of crabs though, so wasn't all that bad.

As for my folks place, they are nestled atop the range out from Tenterfield, northern NSW. I shivered just writing that just then, can only begin to imagine how nippy it is there this morning, considering I'm freezing to death here in Brissy this morning.

Anyway, will see how the week progresses and hopefully catch up with some of you soon.

Cheers, Matt.

Ah tenterfield what a great place.

Mate if your keen on meeting a few as well there is always the upcoming kayak camp, still some loaner yaks available.

Will be a great weekend for bass with some great prizes on offer.

You can find the direct link to the thread discussing this event on the front page in the relevent article.

Welcome aboard and looking forward to some great reports :)

Angus

Archived