Brissie river snapper.

rayke1938

For what its worth here is a copy of email that i just got from logan river marine.

Anglers,

Just a quick note to let everyone know that good size and numbers of Squire/Snapper are falling victim to slow worked Jackalls Mask Vibes in the Brisbane River. Most anglers are getting their bag limit very easily and are obviously having a great time doing it. If you would like any more info drop in and either talk to Gene or myself.

Cheers

Jay Morgan

07 3287 4888

0410 507 495

haha, sounds like desperate advertisement to me. snapper have been falling victim to mask vibes for about 2 years now. wher else do you get snapper other then the wharves, dropoffs and the reclaimed rockwall? that has also been known for years.

rayke1938 wrote:

For what its worth here is a copy of email that i just got from logan river marine.

Anglers,

Just a quick note to let everyone know that good size and numbers of Squire/Snapper are falling victim to slow worked Jackalls Mask Vibes in the Brisbane River. Most anglers are getting their bag limit very easily and are obviously having a great time doing it. If you would like any more info drop in and either talk to Gene or myself.

Cheers

Jay Morgan

07 3287 4888

0410 507 495

I thinks thats also what Stu got his Salmon on. So deffinently a lure worth throwing around the river.

I am yet to add Masks to my list of confidence baits though. I dont doubt they work but I still prefer TN50 Jackals :P

porly wrote:

haha, sounds like desperate advertisement to me. snapper have been falling victim to mask vibes for about 2 years now. wher else do you get snapper other then the wharves, dropoffs and the reclaimed rockwall? that has also been known for years.

I think that that statement is a little unfair as jackalls are available everywhere you do not have to go to LRM to purchase.

I think that most people in the boating and tackle industry are very ethical and are in there for the long term.

LRM have recently expanded and extended their premises and as the email was only sent to their existing customer base I see this as an genuine effort to help their customers.

Cheers

Ray

i think its a sales pitch too.why doesnt he just say wear they caught them in his email if its for his customers?come on down and ill tell you wear we are getting them (if you buysome stuff first).

but yeah it may just be out of the kindness of his heart he's saying it too

No difference to all the fishing reports published in the newspapers they also acknowledge the origin of the report and give their telephone numbers.

All the experienced anglers would know where to go and from my experience there if any noobies come in they give advice freely with no expectation to buy.

I fail to see what is achieved by bagging someone who is trying to help and also build their business in the process.

Cheers

Ray

I sort of agree with the comments about it being a 'sales pitch'.

I'm not going to say there is an expectation to buy anything in return for the advice. But the idea is to get them down to the store to seek the advice.

What do you do at a tackle store? I go to buy tackle. I dont simply go down to seek some advice about a location. I'll go down and pick up a couple of lures and ask about the advice.

That's what this email is about. Hoping to get previous customers back into the store, give them advice and hope to sell a few small things along the way.

It may not be a traditional advertisement, but I'd say it's definitely within the boundaries of marketing.

Do I disagree with it, or am I bagging the store over it? No. It's what a business does, promote themselves to get sales.

Terry I agree.

It is a good marketing tool certainly not desperate.

It is aimed at getting people back into the store and even if they do not respond it keeps the store image in their mind.

The same as other freebies that are out there it is all about keeping up your image.

If you go to some business and you have a pleasurable experience you will tend to return.

Cheers

Ray

Who cares if its a sales/advertising pitch. Still good advise, helpful and courtious. Good on em for sharing their knowledge and perpetuating their business at the same time.

But its not like they are giving away spot X is it porly. ( oh i thought you were banned)

porly wrote:

Desperate advertisement or not, its just got their name and phone number out to 10 people who may not have had it written down somewhere before.

A simple email to members bringing the lure name, store name, authors name, and targeted catch back to the forefront of a persons mind is smart marketing practice and like all advertisement material, its your choice to act upon it or not.

I think its a thumbs up to them as opposed to some of the 'poorly' constructed critisism.

there has always been a good population of squire around the shipping terminals. I'm pretty sure most artificials would work. A mate and myself went out that way the other week just drifting fresh mullet fillets along the bottom, we picked up 3 nice squire (40, 48, and 59cm). Only scored the one fish on a soft plastic, a legal tailor from around the pilons. Unfortunately we didnt have heavy enough jigheads to target the squire that we soon found were feeding right on the bottom.

It may be a marketing plow, but i cant see why jackall mask vibes wouldn't work, and theyre fairly heavy so they would probly get down deep to where the fish were holding the other day. They are completely within their rights to say what they have.

Archived