wynnum marina

brisfisher

hey all

got up nice and early today to throw a few plastics around the wynnum marina(near the rock wall).it was lookin pretty promising,lots of herring/mullet gettin around and a high tide.as i was walking along to find some fishy areas when i spotted a school of small longtom(30-40cm)as soon as the plastic hit the water the larger one of the group charged at the plastic and was on and after a few little leaps without throwing the hooks managed to land n release him.continuded flickin plastics only to find a plague of pike,after destroyin bout 5 of my plastics(and only landing 2)the school eventually moved on.spent the next half n hour catchin n releasing undersised bream:( couldnt find any big ones amongst the babies:blush: called it a day without mnch success,but was keen to try for one last fish, had a few casts on the little beach near the carpark n somthin smashed the plastic on the drop and after a decent fight a nice flattie was landed(didnt bring the brag mat)but would of gone close to 60cm.not a bad way to end the session;)sorri fellas no pics didnt bring the camera n the plastics used were in the pumpkinseed and pearl watermelon colours.

cheers brisfisher

Archived