Terry v Tuna on Thursday

Terry H

Yep just looked, start work at 5pm on thurs, that means one thing! Plenty of time for fishing :D

So assuming the forecast doesn't get worse (or much worse) I'm going to hit the bay and bag me a tuna. Or that's the plan

Not sure where I'm going to launch from yet, might search the web and see if theres any tuna reports to see where I should be going.

Anyone is welcome to come - it will be about a sunrise - 2pm'ish trip.

ok, out off Bribie it is. I figure I'd rather go 6km paddle from there, than 6km peddle from mouth of river (difference is long peddle to get to fishable water vs 20m peddle to fishable water at bribie)

I'm getting up at 7-7:30 then heading up, hopefully launch by 9

If you see an orange yak half way to moreton, dont run him over.. could be me:P

when i caught that cod on the bay side of fishermans island a couple of weeks ago there where a few schools of longtails leaping out of the water, probably around a metre long, but they were pretty spooky.

If it were legal to fish landbased from the rock wall, which i don't think it is, the tuna were probably just within casting range at about 60m from the wall.

Actually it is slightly worrying he hasn't posed to be honest. he told me last night he was heading out at 7am. I think he had to work though so probably only got back in time to rush off. Hopefully he isn't 5k East or Bribie right now:ohmy:

ok I'm back. Not sure I should post a report :o

there was the odd school of mac tuna, pretty small bunch cruising around. They were moving around pretty fast, I was doing a minimum of 8-9km/h with bursts of 12km/h trying to catch up to them, but it seems they were moving at the same rate I was.

I saw a few small schools of SMALL tuna, I think probably small long tails, few of them lept clear, lokoed like small longys, if they were, only about 50cm long. None of the bust ups I saw out on the water lasted longer than 5-10 seconds. One occured within 30m of me, but I was too busy rigging a different slug onto the rod :(

Then just to tease me, there was a large bust up occur after I had landed and packed a few things away, It would have taken me about 1 minute to travel the distance down with the current, but couldnt be bothered by that stage lol

did 15km today, headed a couple of km out off bribie, came, saw, peddle next to and continued going out past those shark bouys

I'm going saturday morning out of brissy river then!

I'll post up a thread.

Archived