Terry v Tuna - Saturday - Bris River launch

Terry H

Ok guys,

So heard there outside mouth of brissy

That means Saturday: 6am launch - I will finish around 12pm

Anyone welcome, would love to see some yakkers;) Just as long as you make sure you let me hook up first :woohoo:

Although, I'm not sure where to launch?

terry the tuna are out like further then cleveland to peel from the mouth. they dont come in to where the dirty water is, they are only in the clean blue stuff and thats miles out from the mouth. trust me, ive tried heaps of times... i think u would be better off from bribie, although id love to see you prove me wrong...

i was talking to a feller on tuesday morning who had landed one near pilon 99 and then a guy from port of brisbane managment who had been watching them carve up hardiheads on the top of the tide 3 days running at the wharves so yes they do come into dirty water but i guess only when the bait are there :)

jason

i dunno mate, launched from pinkenba and that sucked balls hard, it was such a mission just to get to fishermens islands, me n troy were so closed to getting a tow back...

how far past fishermens islands do you think you will be going?

Terry

I will be def going for a fish but I have a shoulder niggle at the moment (sorry I know piss weak) so I don't want to have an epic paddle. But then again the thought of Tuna.....mmmmmmmm maybe I'll bring that light rig again it seams to attract the buggers!

Let me know more details latter

Batty

I dunno to be honest, I'll head out into the bay maybe take a look at mud? island cruise around see if any activity is around... If there is head over to said activity:P

I might fish 8lbs this next trip - I can get a bit of extra casting distance out of it than my heavier stick.. although retrieve speed wont be as quick..

Either that or I'll try a slightly lighter leader on the heavier stick to help casting distance

TerryH wrote:

Yeah, it's a long peddle past fisherman's island no matter where you launch from to get outside.

Oh well, I'll just have to put the foot down and peddle a bit faster :D

Jordan where do you think is the best place to launch?

Terry, I launch from the boat passage in the tinny and it is a fair run from there down to the end on the wall.

I reckon the best option for the yak trip is to get as close to the poo pipe as you can. Only about 2 1/2km to the end of the wall then, piece of cake in a Hobie ;)

I've caught mac tuna from along the beacons at the mouth of the river, usually near the top of the run in tide. Don't see too many longtails this side of Mud though.

Schultzy from the poo pipe it's 4.5 kilometres to the end of the wall:P Well, according to google earth it is ;) So tide permitting, 30 minutes peddling:P

Only reason I'm going from brissy is I've heard that's where the longtails have been around. Hopefully they're still around tomorrow:)

terry, monday i did not see hide nor hair of tuna from the river to moreton and back again. best of luck to ya, hope they play the game. it's a bloody long way from anywhere where you are talking about heading to.

i'd be more incluinded to head up the sunny coast, murphy's reef is fishing well and is closer to mooloolaba than mud is to the bris river, bray rock and fairway buoy are spitting distance off caloundra and there were definately schools busting up there last weekend.

good luck mate, stay safe.

benno <'>-<

TerryH wrote:

Schultzy from the poo pipe it's 4.5 kilometres to the end of the wall:P Well, according to google earth it is ;) So tide permitting, 30 minutes peddling:P

quote]

OOPS, Of course, the wall is 2km longer now.:blush:

Just as soon as the longtails turn up off Woorim we'll go out and hitch a ride on a few. :evil:

Meeting Batman 5:30am at the sewage treatment plant or at least near the gates to it - the one thats and the end of the road - follow kingsford smith drive all the way along, don't go off it, and you'll get there. I dont know what its called that far down, might be Bancroft Road

Then we'll head to the river. You coming UNT? Jordan?

Archived