Hamilton Island 3rd/4th & 5th May

Angus

Hey everyone.

Well this report is late so sorry.

Not to exciting anyway.

Not a whole lot of fishing happened due to most achorages being no fishing zones. The only anchorages you could fish were sandy bottomed so very hit and miss fish wise.

However let me just say: AWESOME TRIP.

I know some serious fishos laugh when they see a Riveira as a "yuppy" boat or whatever. But if i had a lazy 2 mil, ill tell you what id be buying :P

Anyway trip started as soon as we landed of Hamo and we were off.

First Anchorage was Sids bay. Sadly the gear i brought was a little over gunner. The bay was filled with 30-40cm Tea Leaf trevs. Awesome fun but would have been better on my bream gear. I caught over 2 dozen of these on Strike King X-Too's and Tanya and her mum did pretty well as well getting about 6 each. We kept 8 of these and they were BBQ's 5 minutes after capture which was awesome. Oh i also gt my first shark on soft plastic here. Small but still a first :)

Next day Tanya and did some exploring in the tender which was a good as well. The snorkling was amazing and we saw loads of coral trout, cod, hump headed maori wrasse and to my utter delight a large Barramundi Rock cod. No underwater camera sorry.

The only other patch of fish I hit was out in the tender by myself. On this little foray I got 3 cod and a sweetlip all on X-Too's again. Once again though there was no realy size to these fish with the largest going 42cm. Nice cod for down here granted but i was using pretty heavy gear.

Ill leave you with some photo's and a suggestion if you ever get a chance to go to Hamo and see the scenery take it!

Angus

Picture: The Riv :) [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/1-9b09f94467359293e7659a84e42ce719.jpg

post-63-14459845736_thumb.jpg

One of the many awesome headlands around Hook Island.

By the way we went from Hamilton, around hook and hayman and back down the other side.

Massive ground coverered in 3 days allowing for the most site seeing which was cool. [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/5-2a4f50f1e0dedce64a17fd73f9450a3e.jpg

post-63-144598457371_thumb.jpg

Are there anymore AFO caps left Angus?? Some serious Repping there mate;)

Oh some poeple do it rough, sailing around in that little punt sleeping in a little sleeping bag for two. Sipping on Mexican beer and eating fresh fish from the BBQ.:blink:

Oh mate I feel for ya:( Yu done it sooooo tuff :P :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good on ya Gus, looked like a great trip.

Jayson

Archived