carp fishing

TONYMONTANA0

nice... friends from Poland are disguisted about the video and the way of killing :)

everybody knows why it has to be killed but in my country many people just travel hundreds of km to spend 2 days fishing or the word carping suits better :)

but in Poland there are not enough warm months for the carp reproduction so in the wild lakes they don't reproduce but only grow to 20 kilos.

TONYMONTANA0 wrote:

nice... friends from Poland are disguisted about the video and the way of killing :)

everybody knows why it has to be killed but in my country many people just travel hundreds of km to spend 2 days fishing or the word carping suits better :)

but in Poland there are not enough warm months for the carp reproduction so in the wild lakes they don't reproduce but only grow to 20 kilos.

Tony,

That's just the way it is with circumstantial differences, if I'm using the right term.

For instance, the pest fish Tilapia here is considered a major player in the aquaculture industry in many countries. But again, if we treated Tilapia well here in Australia, we would be risking the very existence of local fishery.

To each his own......:)

EMP

TONYMONTANA0 wrote:

A few mates and I were commenting on the fact that some people in other countries would be shocked by that video...but they are fare game here, KILL THEM ALL!

Glad you enjoyed the vid though. :P;)

But just about every fresh running creek/river in the Brisbane area unfortunately will have carp in them. Fingers crossed one day that we will get rid of them.

But if you are fishing for carp and plan on keeping them (for a feed or translocation)...you will be breaking the law! They are illegal to have in your posession...also you can not release them back into the water (dead or alive).

if your up for a mission the logan lakes(behind forestdale)have some large carp in some very small waterholes(due to the drought)and are easily found.a mate and i managed to hand spear about 10 good sised carp a few months ago although they could be just as easily fished out:)

yeh mate these ponds are perfect for hand spears not too sure on roads etc but its in forestdale bushlands,google earth would be your best bet(should be shown as two lakes and some smaller ponds)its very accessible as some families regulary have picnics and go fishing.hope this helps:)

• 4 weeks later...

There is carp in the albert river, i've caught them from the stanmore bridge then upstream. They are in the logan river too, you can catch them from the waterford bridge then upstream from there. At the waterford bridge best is on the outgoing tide towards low tide as there is a bigger concentration of freshwater.

Tygum Lagoon at waterford has them as does scrubby creek. Scrubby creek on kingston road (gould adams park), havent caught one there myself but other people have, i've seen them jumping out of the water on many occassions just near the bridge.

bravoboy wrote:

There is carp in the albert river, i've caught them from the stanmore bridge then upstream. They are in the logan river too, you can catch them from the waterford bridge then upstream from there. At the waterford bridge best is on the outgoing tide towards low tide as there is a bigger concentration of freshwater.

Tygum Lagoon at waterford has them as does scrubby creek. Scrubby creek on kingston road (gould adams park), havent caught one there myself but other people have, i've seen them jumping out of the water on many occassions just near the bridge.

Is there any bass in those waters aswell?

There are in the albert river and the logan river aswell as its tributaries, in the freshwater parts of course. In the tygum lagoon i dont think so, have caught spangled perch there. Scrubby creek has mullet and spangled perch and I read in the paper some Tilapia too. Some parts of scrubby looks like a good spot to catch bass and has good reed structure along the banks

Archived