Inshore Plastics Combo

fishyman

what i've found is that often you'll get a rod to comprimise between two tasks it usually does both ok but neither great, so you eventually end up buying the two rods that do the two different jobs well and your stuck with that rod that didn't really do anything well the first time.

If i were you i'd weigh up what species i would prefer to target the most and buy a rod that is perfectly suited to the job and further down the track get the other rod so that you have two rods that really perform well.

honestly with the crap weather we have 90% of the time your more likely to be targetting snapper and other reefies for the majority of the year and only occassionally will you be able to target kingies if the weather is good enough, or tuna if they even bother to turn up.

Yeh i agree with mack attack, Go for the lighter rod then if u feel its undergunned for the bigger stuff either buy a rod and reel round the $100 mark each or whatever, Get something thats good quality at a good price, Or wait and build a better rod suited to the heavy stuff.

yeah i know that i will be comprimising, thats why im leaning towards the lighter blank. I already have a 4lb stick if the fishies are fun size. so this rod will only be used in deeper water or when the fish are bigguns.

and yeah 95% of my fishing will be plastics for reefies and throw on a slug if the opportunity presents itself.

seems like the light G Loomis stick is the go

Thanks guys

Archived