Quick Arvo Session 7th NPD

Dinodadog

Been getting over a touch of the flu but needed some fresh air, so I took a little drive out to the dam. Arrived to find all the carparks full with picnickers so tried to find a spot with the least amount of people, however the other people I used to my advantage. I decided to try a system I have used before, you find a group of fisherman who usualy have a heap of rods setup and you fish about 30 mts on either side of them. I don't know if its the bait they are using or its all the sinkers sploshing in the water, but the fish seem to hang on the outskirts.

Anyway 1st cast I pulled in a nice 40 odd cm bass and when I released it these fishermen nearly freaked out. So after releasing a few more fish this bloke comes over to me and says you no like to keep fish I said I keep some now and again and asked if he would like it, he smiles and says oh yes and you catch anymore you save for u s. I said I give you this one anymore they go back. Then I mentioned about the snakes in the area and very soon I had the spot to myself. So the moral of the story when you see a group of bait fishers use them to your advantage.

After they left I moved along the bank a bit and was getting whacked quite often, I finished up with 16 nice bass in just over 2 hrs all were taken on the same gold vortex s/bait. Here are a couple of pics, sorry there is none of me as I was on my own, gee it was good.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/ww_004.JPG

post-1453-144598460621_thumb.jpg

Good session there Dino, well done!

It's funny when you you catch and release well & truly legal fish in front of people who are out for a feed. Bit off topic here but I remember one time, was down on north coast of nsw fishing with a mate, I had been eating fish all week, and was looking forward to a steak or two. So on our last day there I was pulling in legal and good eating size bream & flathead one after the other and releasing them, meanwhile he was pulling in little bream & butter bream without a feed in sight, needless to say he wasn't too happy with me. It was a bit of a harsh introduction of the "limit your kill, don't kill your limit" theory for him, but he's slowly learning.

Anyway, good session there Dino and looking forward to many more reports of those nice NPD bass soon.

Cheers,

Matt

Tri plenty of fish for everyone

Ray it was a slow day at Big W the water was freezing, got 3 bass and 2 catties

Mangler was at BP dam once had a old cow cocky with me, we had got our 2 each to take home when he hooks up to a nicer fish, he wanted it but I said its to late as we had already cut the throats of the others, he wanted to put one back in the water dead I said no way.

Feral gee its good when the kids grow up........except when they want a loan

Archived