Poppers at NPD

Dan23

Just wondering if anyone has had any success with using poppers at NPD at the moment. I had a Bass hit my spinnerbait when it was right up on the surface and with all the shallow water over the grass you'd think it could be a possibility.

Anyway, just thought it'd be a cool way to get some Bass and avoid the snaggy grass.

Dan23 wrote:

Feral wrote:
I've tried poppers and walkers in the last couple of months, no luck. They snag on the grass just as easy as well!

That jackal should be catching you heaps Feral ;)

Not locked in the safe with the other family valuables it wont! ;) Truth be know I've got to learn how to use the darned thing!

Hi Dan, yesterday at sunset I was at Bullocky and next to me was a guy using poppers and yes, he caught a legal bass. This said, I was at MacGavin earlier today and beside me was popper-using mate and no, he didn't get anything.

By the way, as I left Bullocky yesterday, the spinnerbait was outperforming the popper. The poor bloke lost a lure, too. :)

But then, your case could be a different one. :)

EMP

They can work there but as it is a dam with no over hanging trees and a big supply of food other than insects to rely upon they can be pretty hard work. That said when they do work it is pretty spectactular.

As I'm not very bright it took about 8 trips to work out how to make a successful popper run there. Basically fish as late as possible and as slow as possible with the retrieve and you will do ok. Oh and fish the popper all the way to the bank, my first one hit about 90cm from my feet, got to tell you it woke me up in a hurry.

Best of luck.

Archived