NPD 10/6/08

rayke1938

Was to meet up with Dino at 6am at small car park at but I got there a bit early and being greedy decided to go down and fish.Found a track in the dark and dodging numerous cane toads made my way down to the water.

Not a movement on the surface but I experimented throwing jitterbugs and sammys for around 30 minutes with no result. Then switched over to a spinnerbait with similar results.

I was wondering where Dino was and went back to the car park and saw his ute there so I then found another track where Dino and his master apprentice were fishing.

They each had caught a smallish bass and we perservered for a while until we saw that the ranger had ioened the gates to Bullockies.

The fishing there was pretty slow also with the apprentice and Dino both getting another fish or so each.

About 9ish I had had it and had a sit down and rest. Reinvigorated I commenced flogging the water again. At last I had a hit from a smallish fish and promptly lost it.

I then got a hit from a good fish and christened my new old ( Thanks Tri) tcurve and the twinpower I got from the states.

Went around 50 which is best bass for a while . I knocked off around 10 and left Dino to keep on trying.

One thing that left a nasty taste in my mouth ( and smell in the air) someone had been fishing a day or so ago and left around 6 tandanus lying on the bank.

Leave Dino to finish off.

Cheers

Ray [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010239_AFO.jpg

post-230-144598461111_thumb.jpg

Spent the morning trying a few new Ideas, surface frogs and a couple of other types of lures but all to no avail, they were not very interested this morning. Happy to see Ray finish up with a nice bass,I got 1 nice one and a small one and neighbour got 1 nice and 2 small. Seems like the arvo,s are working out better at the moment.

mangler wrote:

Nice work Ray, nice bass there. Can't believe that about the catties, I'd rate the tandanus as one of my favourite freshwater fish.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt, if only I could catch tandanus every now and again... I love it, too!

EMP

mangler wrote:

Can't believe that about the catties, I'd rate the tandanus as one of my favourite freshwater fish

I agree. Awesome fella's:cheer: Good eating and decent fight as well:) People killing things like that really ticks me off:angry:

Nicely done Ray and Dino (and friend):cheer:

Archived