npd wed 18

faulked

I am lost for words, I tried the sth of forgans the other day for nil,zero,donut and have only picked up a yella and a few small bass from bullockies, I think someone stole all the fish. I raced out this arvo for a quick flick because of impending storm but nothing, not even a hit. If you have waders or dont mind being wet I would try the long bank opp bullockies, the one in the middle of the dam, at least its had no traffic so fish should be eager. Good luck.

Dino: That spot's no good mate, it's just as quiet as the rest of the locations appear to be

:whistle: not that I have fished it or anything :dry: :laugh:

Thanks for letting us know how you went mate. I think I saw you at Bullockies the other day, I heard something about a yella...

I'm relieved to see others are appearing to struggle to find fish at NPD - means it's not just myself!

Terry if you ever work bass out anywhere let me know, classic example you can catch 25 in a spot one day and not get a touch in the same spot the next day. Then sometimes they hang around for a few days. When fishing from boats at the dam we found the school moved up to a kilometer some times and only a few metres at other times. Its hard to work them out, all we can do is try what we know and hope it works.

Dino for sure.

Lee, Darren (mate from uni) and I traveled aroudn that spot, and around a bit at macgavins for very few fish a few days ago. So it seems that in conjunction with other reports on AFO fishing is tough all over the legally fishable spots (haven't heard about the other spots)

Or perhaps it just indicates taht we are all in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

In that spot you mentioned I mustered up 1 bass. macgavins we got a couple of yellas and a few bass. No high numbers

Yea fishing_cherry and I went out to NPD yesterday aswell. Fished bullockys rest and got 6 bass between us before the storm came in and we realised we forgot our rain jackets :laugh: haha but the bass were all small, the biggest only going 40cm FL :S Lol so we decided to go back to our secret spot just upstream of colleges crossing and got 18 bass up there...before the storm caught up :blush:

Yup I sure do! It was an accident actually :S had no idea bass would be around this spot - we were chucking lures around for flathead/bream! I chucked on a Ecogear VT just for the hell of it coz i've never caught anything on it and last cast of the day saw a little 35cm bass! So we caught a few more (18 between 3 people) and then got home and remembered reading a post about a closed bass season - went on AFO and found the dates :S So yea the brackish bass were nice but I won't be seeing them till open season :)

Archived