Mooloolaba Holiday

Cowfish13

We spent the last week at Mooloolaba. Was really good:) but can't really be bothered doing a full day by day account of it:silly: :laugh:

I'll just do a sort of tally and explain some of better parts of the trip:)

We got offshore 4 out of the 6 days we had time to go out. The bar at the Mooloolah River is awesome. Was completely flat the entire time we were up there

Over the week we got:

Moses Perch to 36cm

Snapper to 45cm

Grassies to 36cm

Tusk Fish to 35cm

Whiting to 32cm

Bream to 30cm

TUNA to 45cm

Spotty Mackerel @ 90cm

On the first day, we got heaps of good reefies and we managed to troll up a 45cm Mack Tuna:woohoo: Our first Tuna from our boat

On the second day, we didn’t get as many reefies (still heaps though) but managed to troll up another Tuna, same size as before. And we also got a 90cm Spotted Mackerel on the troll. Would’ve weighed around 6-6.5kg

Third day wasn’t great, but we tried for some Tailor off the rocks on Pt Cartwright. Didn’t get any, but got heaps of Pike spinning slugs

Fourth day we got some good Moses Perch and Tuskies

Fifth day we got no reefies BUT we chased some Tuna schools and managed to spin up 17 Tuna :ohmy::woohoo::woohoo: They we so much fun:cheer:

Took the yaks up as well, but didn’t get anything in the canals except for a 28cm Whiting on a lure:cheer:

And that’s about it for the trip:). Got a few pics, but I’ll have to put them up later

Mack_attack wrote:

First ever tuna from our boat caught on the troll, little did we know of the session we would have a couple of days later:woohoo:

44cm [img size=374]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PICT0007_AFO-f0a0b0bb761dfc3f06e51a046fd6c230.jpg

Kinda look too happy in this picture because he was twitching/kicking so quickly while I was holding him so I was laughing so much:D Remembered the next day to flip them upside down and that solved that problem

Leighton: Yeah it did, so much blood even though they were only lip hooked:dry: The ones we released shot off to terrorise other baitfish, so they can't be too hurt:cheer:

Archived