a lazy day on the bay 13.07

benno573

hi,

had a sleep in on sunday after my crew cancelled. launched at manly for my first solo mission in a while (although i did try and ring tacklebox and kreel, however, they were "busy" :blink: ). headed out in total glass to harries, sounded around for some structure, found some anchored up and then.... nothing. one hit, a squire of about 25cm, that was it. just dead. :(

headed down around peel and found it tough going there although i did land a good sized sand crab which grabbed my hardy head (they have hard heads) so my esky had something in it! shortie called up and said he was at harries so headed back up that way. caught a few more undersized squire, an ok bream that was released anyway. watched a guy "land" a jewie of about 1m using the worst landing net method i've ever seen but it still got the job done, well done to them (although i do hate you!).

the old man rang up and said he was anchored in his yatch down at lazaretts gutter near peel so i headed down to say gudday. i threw a coupla floating pillies out while i was there and in about 20 minutes had 2 keeper squire! :woohoo: nothing huge, biggest was 39cm. but still, a good enough day. gave them to the old man for his dinner, but we did fillet one and cook it up on the stove on the yatch, can't get fresher than that! tasted awesome too. blasted back to manly in total glass. a very relaxing day out despite the lack of fish.

cheers for reading.

benno <'>-<

the best snapper i have eaten mate. was a total of 25 minutes from water to plate. most of that time was waiting for the old man to figure his new stove out! :laugh: it was one of those days where i wouldn't have cared if i didn't catch anything, just being out there was awesome.

I had a similar day. Were out hunting Cobia but the u beaut furuno sounder decided to go on strike, we caught no livies and there no cobia.

Ended up at harries with Benno. decided the lack of fish was due to Benno getting around without a shirt on. Was very difficult to keep down lunch under these circumstances.

Only got small squire.

nothing better than a feed of fresh fish!!!

Sounds like you had a great day on the water despite the lack of fish. It's awesome when the bay is glassed out!

Went out last night from the gateway to the mouth of river and it was much the same. Not many fish but real smooth ride back to brekky creek.

shortie wrote:

Ended up at harries with Benno. decided the lack of fish was due to Benno getting around without a shirt on. Was very difficult to keep down lunch under these circumstances.

That sounds terrifying:ohmy: :laugh:

Sorry to miss what sounds like a lovely day out :cheer: . But as Tacklebox says we'll take a "raincheck" for next weekend. Can't wait to get out there, I have a new spool, braid and leader for the Luvias and the baitrunner is primed and ready to go - we want that ROD! :woohoo: :woohoo:

ellicat wrote:

jeff, Judging by my turn with it, you'll be just well enough for the comp on Sunday, but still crook enough not to be at work for a fortnight :pinch:

nah,went to work anyway.

if i'm going to feel like shit and be miserable i'd rather get paid for it.

bootyinblue wrote:

benno573 wrote:
hi,

had a sleep in on sunday after my crew cancelled. launched at manly for my first solo mission in a while (although i did try and ring tacklebox and kreel, however, they were "busy" :blink: ).........

benno <'>-<

Why didnt you call!!

i did offer on saturday night mate... :whistle:

Archived