Fixing rods

benno573

Hi guys,

I have a couple of rods in my collection which are in need of a runner replacement or two. i don't need anything particularly flash for most of them, however, one is a live fibre bait caster which i wouldn't mind spending a few extra $ on. if anyone is interested in helping me out please drop me a PM. i am happy to explain what rods and what runner etc need replacing if it would help out. also, i don't find paying for your work as i am way too lazy to do it myself!

thanks guys

benno <'>-<

sorry to hijack but i have an old shimano squidgy spin rod that snapped - i stripped most of the guides off it and was going to attempt to put new ones on it but lost interes. im just wondering if its worth the effort in repairing it. it was a 7ft2 rod but now its more like a 6f8 but very very stiff.

Those squidgy rods snap like dry spaghetti, when i worked in tackle shop in sydney we used to have to repair a new one every day!!

Changing tip guides is easy just heat the tip with a lighter pull off the old tip and stick on a new one with hot melt glue, dont use epoxy you are screwed if the tip guide breaks again

Archived