Rapala Squidgy Braid?

Rocket75

I've just bought some Rapala Squidgy Braid 6lb on ebay.

Won the auction @ $35 for a 300m spool, seemed like a bargain and I got a bonus 300m spool of 6kg Penn mono.:P

Having never used the stuff before, I was wondering if anyone else has used it, and what their opinions were of it?:huh:

All feedback welcome.

Rocket

I don't know if it has improved over the years but not long after it came out I was talked into trying some from a tackle shop, so at the time we were fishing out of boats at the top of the NPD dam and I was using 10lb fireline so I got some in 10lb. It cast beautifly and I could get plenty of distance and it seem to work OK for a short time then it turned to **it. I could not land a fish it kept breaking on me and after loseing some exp lures I gave it away. I read somewhere that after the outside coating wore off it was useless.

Had the same expierience in the ten pound, after a few uses I could snap it by hand, Ive tried lots of braid brands and this isnt the only one to do it, I just said to myself, once the braids costs me more in lures than it cost in the first place its time to go. The penn 6pld should be good though :P

Archived