Bad Ebay Experiences?

Angus

Has anyone had any bad Ebay experiences?

Not bagging Ebay either, as i have got some awesome stuff from it.

However i just had a package arrive and the tube was missing tape at one end and was empty!!! :angry:

I just wanted to know if similar things has happened to other people and whether they ended up resolving it satisfactorily. Obviously im waiting to here what both the seller and courier have to say now.

Cheers.

Angus

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2006/11/15 10:50

Not to do with fishing thoughm my brother bought 2 remote control planes of eBay both didn't fly. One came after 4-5 weeks and the wires were disconnected and it had no remote and the wings were broken. Also, he got some pretty crappy rods of eBay. Ones like a rubber band, the other a pool kue. I got a remote control car and lets just say it suck ed I was glad to see it go in a garage sale and lets leave it at that:unsure: .

i've bought a huge amount of gear on ebay over the past couple of months with 98% of it great stuff, one piece of shit reel,some hooks that haven't showed, a fly rod that was the wrong weight and a fishing bag that turned out to be a gun case:S so as you can see it can go either way............. did you pay for the rod through pay pal? if so you can get your money back.

have brought most of my reels and 2 loomis rods from the usa via ebay . One shimano chronach needed a service soon after arrival and had seen a lot of use but it only cost me $90 landed in australia.

I only buy brands that i know of as i have previously purchaced some lures and spinnerbaits that turned out that they were made in brazil and were absolute crap. I also brought a 500 metre roll of 30lb bluesteel dynmena braid fron an australian seller . The braid turned out to be almost as thick as my 50 lb leader but i cant really winge as i caught my big 28kg barra on it.

I have a good look at sellers feedback and really study the description of the items as its often what is not said that is important. do not be afraid to ask questions if in doubt because if the seller is dishonest about the item you have a valid claim.

My only problems have been that i have not checked the method of postage from overseas and if something comes surface mail it can take 4 months which means that you cannot make a claim on ebay as the time limit has expired before you receive the item.

ray

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2006/11/22 19:22

recently had an ebay incident...wasn't anything wrong with the product but after a week it didnt arrive i emailed the seller asking what is happening and he replied 3 days later saying sorry he forgot to send it!:huh: so another week passed and my shimano bag arrived and he even threw in a pack of sp's for my trouble...so ye a little annoyed but in the end nothing wrong with product just comunication with seller...but i guess thats ebay for you...some are good some are bad

Cameron

Archived