Going Light Waders

Dinodadog

Over the past few months it has been a bit difficult getting a line in the water out at NPD, so a lot of people have been wearing waders. Well this is OK if you don't have far to walk. This is hard for me because I like to be on the move.

I have come up with a lighter version of the waders, these are not new but certainly make it easier to get around at NPD or anywhere you wish to fish in water up to your thighs. This Idea would also be good for chasing flathead and whiting in the shallows.

What I do is put on a thin pair of socks, then put on individual leg waders and finish with a pair of shimano lightweight waterproof joggers. The thigh waders cost me about $70 a few years ago and the joggers $50. Its a bit exy if only targeting bass or flathead but when you combine the both salt and fresh its not bad.

Best part when facing the sun you are not cooking the xmas nuts and you can walk around for hours without overheating. Bad part you can't quite go in so deep. Just thought I would pass on the info as they work well for me.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

Good idea Dino!

On another note i see Anaconda have some new waders that look like they're made from wet suit material, but do keep you dry. Theyve got lots a movement and stretch, but im not sure if theyd make you too hot as the material is pretty thick.

Archived