PB BREAM-mid river

brisfisher

hey all,

managed to drag myself outta bed after a big night for a early morning bream session:S so hit up toowong hoping for a repeat of the last session but with a bit more size to em.after a hour of casting sx40's n various blades around pontoons n rocky banks for no luck,i turned my attention to a small patch of sand n rock i noticed at low tide some time ago,a few cast later n i was on,plenty of headshakes n a bit of weight so called it for a flattie.got a glimse of him before another run(looked around 45-50cm)unfortunatly couldnt see the sx40 so as u could expect on 4lb it ended shortly after that:angry: persisted casting around toowong before making the move to west end(extremly glad i did:cheer: )changed over to a cut down 3inch camo sandworm n began working ova the party boat,2nd cast BANG zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...yep this was a good fish.called it for a cod but after a few sketchy moments,up comes a fat as bream,instantly knew this was a new pb.didnt have the brag mat but measured him up against the rod to be later measured.soon after picked up a rat of only bout 25ish before dropping 3 fish in 4 casts:angry: got the sh!ts shortly after this n headed home and measured up the rod butt...37!!!:woohoo: a new pb!only by 2cms but pulling it out of such a underrated area made this pb very satisfying.

all fish were released,cheers [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/big_bream_AFO.jpg

post-2291-144598469409_thumb.jpg

Archived