ROMA - Is there anywhere to fish ???

Lozzel

There is a lake just outside Roma, dunno if it is stocked though.

But your not far from Balonne River, at Surat, stocked with cod and yella's. Beardmore dam and the weir at St George a bit further to travel, but certainly a consideration for the dead weekend..

yeah there is SOME water out there. I dont know it to well but my uncle lives out there and i remember fishing for yellowbelly in this river/creek... didnt get any. And also theres quite a few dams out there stocked with freshwater goodies.. & carp :S, which can be great fun though.

If you were to feel like a good drive, I can recommend the Warrego for some Yellowbelly. It's been about 15 - 20 years but there's some pretty nice spots (if it has water).

Also Chinchilla Weir is a common spot.

Hope the fish play ball with you and you're able to make the most of the weekends there Loz:) .

There is a really nice bloke at Surat that gave me a few hints on Cod first time I weent to Glenlyon, he came and sought me out at Glenlyon where he was also staying and gave me and Ray some gun spots.

Got on to him on Ausfish, cant remember his nickname for sure though unfortunately, might have been Bdowdy, or Rabbit (I think they were both at Glenlyon that trip).

But I reckon if you bunged up a post saying you would be out there, if he is still around he would probably volunteer a few pointers, or even a trip.

Archived