Blanks

reelchippy

Hi any help that i can get would be great trying to get an understanding of blanks

these are some of the terms around thinking that understanding the the blanks is a starting point cheers

IM-6 graphite blanks,

60 million modulus Powerwall graphite blanks for serious sensitivity and reinforced with a 3K Carbon Cloth wrap through the entire butt

85 million modulus graphite core and ends with a complete 1k carbon filament wrap from butt to tip.

Mack_attack, in a top end rod the blank costs no more than $180 for a CUSTOMER to BUY from a RETAIL store in america.

Add a few components, some of which aren't even that great imo, and that'll be AUD$600-800 thanks.

I think most "high end" rods in AUS from GLOOMIS are IMX, which are cheaper than the price I mentioned, top of the range are GLXs, which like I said aren't common in Australia. Some common prices I see for IMXs are $500-650

As for what it costs to make? Well just think about how much (in general) retail stores add on top of their cost price...

Then whole sale to manufacturer..

Yup, you're right Terry. I'm getting a 10-17lb Magbass IMX built up with top of the line components and I doubt It'll be more than $400 more like $300-350. Same rod in a store with the same components would have to run over double that.

Now I just have to decide whether to buy a Core or Alphas R :huh:

fishyman wrote:

Dan23 wrote:
I'm giving Lee a holiday so I'm going to get Tom to build it up for me. :cheer:

yeah and i cant start until you decide if your still gonna have your core + dark night theme or if we will have to change a few ideas :P

whoa its sounding like something from american chopper here! you and your dad argue heaps? rofl....

Archived