Gold Creek Reservoir classes as a lake/dam i think

bogan

From what I understand although it has been taken over by SEQ water all the existing rules and regulations ( no boating and no fishing ) still apply.

What is happening is that SEQ weater has commissioned a private firm to investigate the recreational use of all their dams.

They will be consulting with all the existing users such as boating and stocking groups etc.

I do not know if they will be asking for public submissions.

We can only hope that common sense will prevail and a common set of basic rules will apply to all dams under their control.

Realistically I would not be surprised to see them to try to apply fees for access the same as southern states.

Just hope that the greenies do not get their claws into it or we could be worse off than existing conditions.

We will just have to wait to see what happens and speak out loudly if given the opportunity.

Cheers

Ray

rayke1938 wrote:

We can only hope that common sense will prevail and a common set of basic rules will apply to all dams under their control.

Just hope that the greenies do not get their claws into it or we could be worse off than existing conditions.

Cheers

Ray

Sorry Ray but everyone knows this should have been posted under the humour section.

cheers

Paul

• 4 months later...

Do you know what really sucks the most, it is the people who abuse the water ways that stop access to everything.

If everyone could use the spots without abusing them we would have a wider range of access.

As an example just recently a bloke and his girlfriend built a fire under the a main support of a family BBQ area at lake kurwongbah. This cost in the vicinity of $20 000 to repair. For every extra area that is opened up Seqwater has to spend this sort of money for wankers carrying on like this and quite frankly every taxpayer has to contribute to this sort of stupidity.

If you can find a way to organise access and contribute to the security of the impoundment Seqwater would probably listen to you.

At present, all these small dams, Enoggera, Lake Manchester, Gold Creek etc remain as per signage from previous management, At current SEQwater are doing a recreational management policy overhaul so changes may come up where dams like this are open to fishing. At present Gold Creek is off limits to fishing and no access is permitted unless authorised, all i can suggest is voice your opinion through the recreation email- recreation@seqwater.com.au- this goes through all departments concerned as is worth any members who want access to these dams to voice your opinions, in the mean time stay out of them and play by the rules!

In the mean time, until all dams are looked at and options opened its only Wiv,NPD, somerset open to fishing within this area!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a reply to my submission

Ray,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your submission. We are examining various options for recreation at all of our dams in South East Queensland, and we appreciate receiving views from people who regularly utilise the lakes.

Regards,

Dom Courtney

Dom Courtney LL.B, Grad. Dip. Leg. Prac.

Property and Facilities Coordinator

Queensland Bulk Water Supply Authority trading as Seqwater

So if anyone wishes to put in a submission there is still time.

Cheers

Ray

Archived