A beast of a catfish!

brisbanebound

Had a nightmare day at work so me and the missus popped down the waterfront outside our apartments for literally 1 hour.

I have been using small pilchards as bait, just hooking them through the middle then tying them to the hook with some elastic cotten so they hang together.

Was just using my 5 foot Big W banger of a rod as I was really only on the river to get some fresh air.

Well just at the end, I really thought i had nailed a big flatty, cod or a small thready, my heart was in my mouth.

Struck what was gentle bites and line started tearing away and i have my drag as tight as the paper on your wall! :P

I was gutted when I eventually saw my catch, but then realised that out of all the cattys ive caught now (far, far too many :( ) this really was something special.

Unfortunately ive only got the pics on my phone and cant get them on my PC. I reckon it was over 2 kilo's maybye 3!!

I would be interested to see how it measured up as far as big cats go on the river. If anyones interested in seeing the catbeast :laugh: Pm me your number and I'll flick it through on Friday once I get credit (times are hard just now :blush: ).

Henry - I sent you a PM, I was at the same place I got the cod, and the tide was well out.

Fingers crossed one day it will be a thready story i will be regaling youse on here with, until then you will all have to make do with the catfish tales! :P

Tight lines!

jamie

Rocket75 wrote:

They get much bigger than this one, but it's my biggest to date...

[img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/scarbfeb08_001.jpg

If you master catching big catties in the Bris River you can win some good prizes at the next BRC!;)

Cheers Rocket

Bogans going to post the pic for me tomorrow, we could be neck and neck here! Might be worth a wager!:P

They get slimey as when they that big.... :unsure: but pull hard as.. planetfonz and myself were out at jindalee one night with live prawns and we caught a few that big.. one of them actually took the hook it went out its gills and then somehow came back on front of the fish and hooked the line going into its mouth.. funniest hook up ever.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Archived