Gavin Dunn to speak on threadfin on 4bc 12/10

rayke1938

back on topic..i too am tryin to land my 1st threaddy and now that gavin doesnt look to be doing his speech im back at square one...does anyone want to devolge any more specific information on these fish...

such as tide/moon phase/what bottom structure to look for etc...

with all these self confessed threaddy anglers that "brain them" all the time surely we can get some more detailed info on them.it seems that there are a few of these guys that get these fish but refuse to help others,then are usually the first to pm others/me for detailed specifics on other species.

you got your help and hints from someone else,maybe pass some knowledge on for others.

i thank the guys who have helped so far and look foward to hearing more details on these biggun's

To start off with, the best bait seem to be live herring or live prawns. One circle hook on the shoulder for the herring or in the tail for the prawn. Make sure the drag is off as the threaddies somehow check out the bait and if there's tension on there, they lose interest. As a matter of when to hook them, I've experimented with early vs late and I've heard and seen both which has mixed results. Lastly, as for the tide, mid to late incoming tide does it for me. Hope this helps.

I too am getting sick of reading post after post of belittling comments here. I'm only new to this place but it seems to be on the increase, and this does not boad well for the future.

I'd like to see an end to the bickering, so here's an idea...

How about we all pick a date and select a location, say Kooka park or Newstead park(sorry if these are your secret thready spots!!), and we all go fishing and target these beautiful fish together, as a group. The guys with cast nets(I have a cast net and am more then happy to show people how to use it and to help gather livies) can get live bait FOR EVERYONE and we use the afternoon\evening as an information sharing evening so the "more experienced" people who target these fish can pass on some knowledge to the ones that don't get the same opportunity. I would love to have the opportunity to target these fish and I think it would be good for everyone to get together and catch up and be able to chill out while hopefully learning something new!

This way the knowledge is passed on while the "super secret spots" remain super secret!!

I'd be willing to grab a whole bunch of sausages and onions as well as some bread as a way to help keep the munchies away while we are all fishing!!

So there you go, the offer is out there and to me it sounds like a whole lot of fun and a good way of everyone being able to benefit and everyone can kiss and make up and hopefully move on!!

The flame suit has been put on, so go nuts if you feel like it, but there's the offer.

Shorty :)

Shorty, At last years Classic the 1st and 2nd prize fish were both threadies around the 130cm mark taken during the day out from Pilon 99 or 97 of the pipeline across Boggy Creek's mouth. From memory the winning one (BrianD's) was taken on a lure midwater. Despite the fact Brian was happy to tell everyone and the area was, and still is a known threadie spot, and that the area is heavily fished for threadies the catches (judging from the reports) still fishes well for them.

With the Classic just around the corner I think it may be somewhat of a carpark this year, so any other spots might well be kept a pretty tight secret at least until after the Classic. I like your thinking though and reckon a threadie get together is a great idea. Can't imagine anyone who is entering the Classic this year will want to fess up before then though (and fair enough);)

ellicat wrote:

Shorty, At last years Classic the 1st and 2nd prize fish were both threadies around the 130cm mark taken during the day out from Pilon 99 or 97 of the pipeline across Boggy Creek's mouth. From memory the winning one (BrianD's) was taken on a lure midwater. Despite the fact Brian was happy to tell everyone and the area was, and still is a known threadie spot, and that the area is heavily fished for threadies the catches (judging from the reports) still fishes well for them.

With the Classic just around the corner I think it may be somewhat of a carpark this year, so any other spots might well be kept a pretty tight secret at least until after the Classic. I like your thinking though and reckon a threadie get together is a great idea. Can't imagine anyone who is entering the Classic this year will want to fess up before then though (and fair enough);)

if my memory serves me correctly brians was caught on a stinky old floating pillie.

Well I say what a heap of crap, I couldn't be bothered to read all that but I can say I caught this on a 2 day old dead (very dead ) pilly.

No I didn't just stick it on a hoo, tie on a sinker and drop it to the bottom, there was more to it then that but the fact remains - it was a 2 day old dead pilly. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/thready_water.jpg

post-118-144598474902_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived