Mt Crosby Weir?

dan25

there is a 400m no fishing zone either side of the wier but if you cross the wier and park you can walk down a track that will take you close to the water and keep heading down stream till you get to a smaller wier . very good fishing for gar so pack some very small hooks and floats and prawns cut up work there below this wier. you will also get bass and lung fish in those reaches of river. good luck

400m above weir? try no puplic access from kholo bridge to crosby weir , if you go to crosby try from the 400 mtr mark below the weir and work your way down trying all the different sections, i would also suggest early morning or late arvo and try surface lures as well, also hb's and sb's will work but there is a few snags around goo dluck mate , might even do a trip out there as well if you want to tag along a i can show you a few spots, what day you thinking?

Your info is no doubt current Wes, but it used to be 400m above the weir too. I remember the white sign with red print that used to be at the start of the bridge. Mind you that was when you could still drive down to the river where it's fenced off now.

ellicat wrote:

Your info is no doubt current Wes, but it used to be 400m above the weir too. I remember the white sign with red print that used to be at the start of the bridge. Mind you that was when you could still drive down to the river where it's fenced off now.

yes i do remember the sign you talk about, but its been removed i think , it use to be 200 mtrs above the weir but now its got big gates and razor wire :( oh i remember the days of just going to below the weir and catching good bass with ease, now you have to get exercise to go and catch one :laugh:

hairyweasel wrote:

This is word for word from the latest DPI book re no go fresh water areas....

Brisbane River: Old Mount Crosby Weir to 50 m downstream of the weir; 200m upstream to 400m downstream of Mount Crosby Weir; and Wivenhoe Dam wall to 600m downstream of the dam wall.

yeah thats the dpi, but the no puplic access from kholo bridge to mt crosby weir is not the dpi reg , its council reg, which over rules the dpi which states you can fish 200mtrs above the weir,

yeah dan will probs still go the next weekend any ways, there is some nice tarpon being caught out there... so keen to give them a bash...

wesfish wrote:

hairyweasel wrote:
This is word for word from the latest DPI book re no go fresh water areas....

Brisbane River: Old Mount Crosby Weir to 50 m downstream of the weir; 200m upstream to 400m downstream of Mount Crosby Weir; and Wivenhoe Dam wall to 600m downstream of the dam wall.

yeah thats the dpi, but the no puplic access from kholo bridge to mt crosby weir is not the dpi reg , its council reg, which over rules the dpi which states you can fish 200mtrs above the weir,

yeah dan will probs still go the next weekend any ways, there is some nice tarpon being caught out there... so keen to give them a bash...

got a deckie spot available wes?

i would love to tag along and learn...

Archived