Wind Direction

The Bald Weasel

Hey Fisho's, Bald Weasel here..

Now can anyone tell me , out on Morton bay is 15 knots blowing from the North / North West worse than 15 Blowing from the south / South east. Went out on Monday and it was rough as guts coming from the north.

Today it was coming from the south east but the bay was pretty calm ! [deleted]...

What is your preferred wind direction and how much of a difference does it make I ask you.. :whistle:

Cheers

Bald Weasel

It will depend on a couple of factors, the biggest thing is if the tide is going against the wind, this will make the waves stand up, also how big the tide is, small run doesn't affect it as much as big run. Also how close you are to protection obviously affects the amount of current or wind you are in. Also depending of location in the bay an out going tide can head north is some parts of the bay and south in others, all of this and how much the current is concentrated into one area all adds up the bay is always unpredictable.

Andrew

Now can anyone tell me , out on Morton bay is 15 knots blowing from the North / North West worse than 15 Blowing from the south / South east. Went out on Monday and it was rough as guts coming from the north.

Today it was coming from the south east but the bay was pretty calm ! [deleted]...

What is your preferred wind direction and how much of a difference does it make I ask you.. :whistle:

Cheers

Bald Weasel

Mod Note

If you have not made yourself familiar with the site's terms of use yet, please do.

Bad language will not be tolerated.

Also your avatar is against the site's terms of use. Please change it immediately.

Cheers

Bald Weasel

Mod Note

If you have not made yourself familiar with the site's terms of use yet, please do.

Bad language will not be tolerated.

Also your avatar is against the site's terms of use. Please change it immediately.

maybe a plumber waiting for his stubbies to dry :whistle:

Cheers

Bald Weasel

You normaly fish the river land based dont ya dan or did you buy your self a flattycatcher boat? :whistle:

Archived