You have been banned

AZZA

A couple of times today I tried to access the site on different devices and got the message that I have been banned, I was later able to access the site. This is the 2nd time this has happened. i would like to put this down a s a software glitch but if it is not and i have done or said something that upset some little sook I would like to know about it. I have thought that I have conducted myself with aplomb and have on more one occasion bitten my tongue at some of the baiting that goes on.

Rant over

Azza

Same happened to me yesterday azza, luckily I was on my lunch break eating a sick kebab so I was placated sufficiently not to be too upset. Once I finished my chilli drenched delicacy I was able to access my favourite fishing site as usual..... Then I logged out of nugget fishing and AFO loaded normally :silly:

A couple of times today I tried to access the site on different devices and got the message that I have been banned, I was later able to access the site. This is the 2nd time this has happened. i would like to put this down a s a software glitch but if it is not and i have done or said something that upset some little sook I would like to know about it. I have thought that I have conducted myself with aplomb and have on more one occasion bitten my tongue at some of the baiting that goes on.

Rant over

Azza

Do not worry Aaron. It has to do with the banning of IP addresses. I have had it on my phone. Just turn the modem off for 15 minutes and than back on and you will get a new IP. If it is a mobile device turn the internet off and on and you will get a new IP.

This error has occurred because when trying to control serial pests they have banned IP addresses and some cases ranges of IPs.

It makes you think when you get the message but it deos not mean anything to do with you.

You guys wouldn't happen to know the IP address that you would have had assigned to you when getting these messages would you?

If they are dynamic IPs, then there is no point (I would think) of banning them. I can understand static IPs however.

I agree Terry - I did not take note and I doubt many would even know how to find out. For those that are interested and want to find out when banned. Go to this site to find out. www.whatismyip.com

When I got it is was definitely a dynamic IP that was banned.

On a similar topic (hope this doesn't hijack the thread) I was thinking recently that it would be good for the community to know when people are banned (and possibly the reason - although not essential I suppose).

A few weeks back I read a couple of posts and there were two or three people who had replied to a post within the last couple of hours and yet had 'banned' under their name so not sure how that was possible?

Archived