Wicked Wednesday Kingies Snapper Reds Moses Pearlies

tugger

Headed out offshore with Brad (stradiebrad) in his boat the bay was flat and so was the bar cruising out to the reef we kept an eye out for whales but we saw none till we had started fishing they were everywhere as the sun got higher in the sky. Fishing was slow early and we kept looking for the right dfift then on 1 run Brad scored his 1st ever pearl perch and a stonker at that going 52cm i also got a nice snapper of 55cm on the same drift.

The bite slowed again after a few more small snapper were landed so we moved south and instantly found plenty of moses perch the bite was getting hectic with snapper trevally and even a red emperor bending our rods. Then the kingies showed up this is where it got crazy they were hitting hard and ripping line off the reels we boated a dozen or more and lost nearly as much they were following each other up as we reeled in their mate 1 even had a go at the sinker hanging just in the water beside the boat. 

The snapper bite was also increasing and we could not stop catching trevally which pull so hard for their size Brad and i were exhausted in the end and decided to leave them biting and head for home. It was 1 of the most hectic fishing trips ever for me with never a rest or slow period once it started the weather was again perfect for the run home and after a 45 minute trip we were back on the ramp. Here is the end result and thanks for the invite Brad it was just wicked.

20170705_160941.thumb.jpg.5081f1ec164cafd0afd34984c34249cf.jpg

6 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Awesome trip there Mark and Brad, well done fellas. Looks like the moses certainly turned up this time Mark and good to see the kingies there :) Wasn't 'my' red emperor was it?

Thanks Kelvin the red was a bit smaller this time so there is definitely is more than 1 there

Archived