NP Dam Sunday 16th Nov

Ash

hey all,

I havent been fishing for nearly over a month, so im heading to NP dam for a few hours sunday morning. It'll be literally a few hours unfortunetly, but a chance to wet the line none the less. I'll probably get there about 430am and leave about 9am, so if any ones keen for a fishing quickie, come along.

Cheers,

Ash

:fishing:

I hope you don't get mistaken for Jimmybob, now he has a pic of you for his avatar.:P :laugh:

Just jokes.

Hope you get onto a few to release the pent up needs.

If you're not up to speed on recent NPD reports - the boys are reporting quite a few joe blakes around so keep your pork pies peeled.

Ash wrote:

For sure man. See the plan is, the more poeple, the less chance i get of getting bitten by a snake!:laugh:

Just jokes, be good to catch up with again.

well it is true the more people there is means more noise and snakes move away, that is unless you walk straight at there nest then its on for young and old lol

If you walk heavy the snakes will usually take off before you even see them. They normally show up as the sun gets a little higher. I hit the dam about 5.30 6.00 and have only seen them on the way back to the car after I've finished my session...

I'd love to meet up for a fish this Sunday but I'm fishing with my little man at Redcliffe chasing undersized bream and tiny whiting.

Next week is bass week for me ;)

Hulk, to give you an idea I'll be taking a 2-4kg spin setup to cast lures with.

As for lures just about anything could work, to give you an idea the two main lure fishing targets would be Australian Bass and Golden Perch (Yellowbelly). I'll be taking a selection of bibbed divers, spinnerbaits, bibless lures and some pre-rigged soft plastics.

As for bait fishing, earthworms is probably easiest bait. Hooks would be same as estuary species - number 4 to 2/0. And possible catches on worms would be silver perch, eel-tailed catfish & tilapia.

Cheers,

Matt

Archived