Swanbank Lagoon

shaggy

sorry to dissapoint you fellas but swanbank lagoon is off limits to fishermen. signs every where saying no fishing and warning of toxic blue/green algae :sick: last time i checked, about a year ago, its a bit of a pain 'cause i only live a couple of kays from it. i'll take a drive overthere on the weekend and let you know if anything has changed.

just heading overthere now got a flick stick and a bum bag of HBs&SPs just incase things have changed:whistle:

Post edited by: jeff f, at: 2006/12/17 08:20

swanbank lagoon is looking 100% on last time i went out there, no putrid scummy looking shit on the surface or around the banks anymore. there's heaps of birdlife and big turtles in the water and piles of broken open mussels round the shoreline where some of the wading birds have been feeding.

there are still no fishing and no swiming lake may contain blue green algae signs at the places you can park and no everything else signs everywhere else.

went for a walk along the shore from the pipe crossing to the dam wall and didn't see a single bit of fish life of any size. so i decided it wasn't worth the risk of getting in trouble and left the rod in the boot.

a real pity it's a good looking patch of water.

Spot on Jeff, took the kids for a look on Sunday too, and it looks really fishy. Did you see how many shags are in the area, great mobs of them working schools of something? at times. Threw a bit of bread around that stirred up the turtles, and got a bit of action from smaller fish. Waddya reckon, Tialpa?

Has potential with the contstant flow from the power station...JACKS and BARRA would be awesome.:woohoo:

Archived