Monduran 20/11/to 30/11 2009.

rayke1938

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feral wrote:

Top row, second tray from the left - mongrel predateks (oops) great lures there Loz! Brian will probably throw those at(oops) Lend them to you!

Prob will do that too :P:P

When we were there 2 weeks ago it cost me 2 to the tree snag gods and 1 timber lure split down the middle. Cant realy complain they were only $5 specials bin ;);) I can afford to loose them daily.

brian yea stinger picks up weed i made those lures for him but i was using them with out last week end and found no diferance with and with out but it is all about were you fishing not last week the week before the stinger was no were near fish thats why i did not bother as for depth depend on what water tenp is and were you are fishing also with stinger if it is not done right it dose not roll and it is usless

he did show me a lot would not know what i do with out that charter it made me understand barra and where they sit and what turns them on and i say any one who wants to catch more barra to go on a charter with jason and thats why i am going on another in a few months to lurn more and i have a lot of photos

Got myself another rod and a couple of lures from Mo Tackle today. They had shimano rods on special from $29 - 90 bucks, So I ordered a bigun for the yak (dont want to risk a good rod on the Yak at Monduran) They rang me up and said they were out of the one I ordered, I said got anything else about the same size in the same price range. They said they had a couple, I said surprise me.

Well today the gear rolled up. Got myself an Starlo Stick, 6-10 kilo, with "Ian Miller" on it, for $69 delivered. No idea if that's a good buy or not, but at least I dont have to cart my Egrel on the yak!

latest fishing report from Fishintales.

Cheers

Ray

Lake Monduran Report

This past week has been THE week to be at Monduran. The dam has been absolutely firing on all cylinders for barra due to the perfect light northerly weather coinciding with the onset of the full moon.

Great numbers of barra have been caught right around the dam, from the basin to “H†bay. Trollers have had a good time of it with many fish caught trolling diving lures in places such as the main basin, bird bay, “B†bay, and the main river course from “A†through to the second shortcut. Lures diving to 2-3.5 metres appear most effective, though at night even shallower running lures like B52s, bombers and X-raps are scoring.

Casting soft plastics such as Squidgy Slick Rigs, Tsunami Super Softies and Storm Bait n Switch to weedy points, downwind bays and over edges dropping off from about 6 foot continue to be the most effective technique. For tips on pimping your plastic for better action/results, drop in and see the boys at Tackleworld.

rayke1938 wrote:

latest fishing report from Fishintales.

Cheers

Ray

Lake Monduran Report

Lures diving to 2-3.5 metres appear most effective, though at night even shallower running lures like B52s, bombers and X-raps are scoring.

Casting soft plastics such as Squidgy Slick Rigs, Tsunami Super Softies and Storm Bait n Switch to weedy points, downwind bays and over edges dropping off from about 6 foot continue to be the most effective technique. For tips on pimping your plastic for better action/results, drop in and see the boys at Tackleworld.

Think I managed to buy one of everything listed there. Just dont ask how much the credit card just shuddered! DSC00070_AFO-20091105.jpg

Hey kriso,

You wanna put up a list of preferred musical artists for the trip up ?

So far I've got Englebert Humperdinks best of, which goes for 4 hours (a fair bit of repetition), so about another hours worth of recommendations may help with your sanity :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

One thing to pack are band-aids. Here's a thump that got trashed while trying to slow a monster from heading to the bottom. Umm not so sure your bass gear 'ill be too successful if I had to lock up the blacksheep with 9kg of drag and then still use my thumb as a sacrificial drag washer. zsd.JPG

The worst feeling is 3 in the boat, skipper has 2 fish, the other deckie has 2 fish, you are on your 3rd sesson and you still haven't had a tap or hook up. Oh my the brain games that go on are painfull. "What am I doing wrong. Same boat, same lure arrr. I want the deckies side, he's got the good side and why did I get left with crap side."

The best feeling is, you get a fish, then another. It all even. Then you get another on the next sesson and another straight away on the following sesson. Yahooo, you found the key. 4/2/2 is the score.

Then you think about the other deckie for a second or two, he hasen't had a fish for 3 trips, he must be feeling flat. What about skipper he hasen't had a fish since day before yesturday. Poor buggers, I better shut my pie hole or I might find myself swimming home.

Better play it cool when we get back to base, don't even mention the 2 extra fish you got. If someone brings it up just play it cool.

Then next trip skipper and deckie quickly get a fish and you slid down hill. THey both get another and you go back into deep depression as it's two sessons now since your last fish.

When and who will get the next fish. dooooor more beer to numb the brain.

I wonder what the skipper in thinking! zazazz.JPG

Righto - who's the mongrel with the sick sense of humour?

Went out on the River this morning to build some paddle fitness for Monduran, its blowing 20 knots at least, and what should show up to roar up and down the river? This thing! Which one of you sicko's read my post about going and arranged it? Pb080009.jpg

No fish for me either - just watching Ferg catch em!

Yep perfect practice trip for Monduran!

Archived