Monduran 20/11/to 30/11 2009.

rayke1938

Brian put this up in the other thread so i thought that I would repeat it in going fishing section.

Now fellow fisher people, as someone has allready reported we have booked the house for next year. We can fit the ocasional extra people for a couple of days but as a more better option there are still cabins available if you want to get another AFO group together. In addition there is a great camping ground if you prefer.

Don't leave the cabins too long as they book out very early.

We are there from 20/11/09 to 30/11/09 and when I say we I mean

Ray 10 days

Brian D 10 days

Feral Probably for 3 days through week

Ferg

Faulked

Tom B In doubt.

Travis?

Boats

Ray tinney room for 2 deckys.

Brian D room for 1 decky probably faulked.

Feral has ferg for decky

I think only Ray and I will be staying the entire 10 days so jump in if you want to take over spots from anyone. And like I say there is room for extras for the odd couple of days.

latest is Ray, Brian there for full period.Feral and Ferg from 22 st till 27th and Faulked 20 till 27th.

The house has 2 double bedrooms, Ray and Brian, Sleepout BYO bed. and 4 bunks in third bedroom with room for a couple of stretchers ( BYO ) in lounge.

There is room for max of 2 extras for full period and 4 from 27th till 30th.

I am putting this up early to allow for people to apply for holidays if they wish to come.

I would be looking for a deposit of $50 as a measure of good faith if you are going to book for the full period and $10 for a couple of days.to go towards the rental costs.. If you have to back out you should have no problems selling your spot.

All monies collected as deposit will be forwarded to Lake Monduran park to go towards rental costs.

Now only casual vacancies for last weekend.

If more wish to go for full period I think that there is still a vacant cabin if someone wishes to arrange it.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This time we have the house at the bottom of the street which is directly opposite the road down to the ramp. The yard is level with plenty of room for parking.

The living area and the main bedroom ( mine )is airconditioned. with fans in the other bedrooms.

Place is not screened but we had no problems with mozzies but one humid night there were plenty of insects and as the air conditioning was running they were ok as long as door was kept shut.

There are sheets and towells provided for the double beds and pilloiws, quilts and blankets for all other beds. Sheets and towells are available for hire for the single beds.

Place is spotless clean with all good cooking facilities including microwave.

Fridge was a bit small for all of us but I will have my small 75 litre one and we kept the drinks in an esky.

Good tv reception and dvd player provided.

Gas barby and table and 4 chairs on patio.

I will attach some photos of the place we were in. It is a bit of a mess as I just took the photos as we were leaving.

There is a lock up external garage for one car only and lock up storage under house with power provided.

Front patio with french doors that open out from lounge area.

P1010484AFO.jpg

Lounge area has 2 X 2 seater lounges, coffee table and tv and dvd player.

P1010485AFO.jpg

Dining area.

P1010486AFO.jpg

Kitchen, plenty of storage and 4 plate electric stove and microwave, toaster and jug. No electric frypan.

P1010487AFO.jpg

Laundry external clothes hoist.

P1010488AFO.jpg

Rear sleepout.

P1010489AFO.jpg

Second bedroom, queen size bed, ceiling fan, wardrobe and bedside tables.

P1010491AFO.jpg

Main bedroom, airconditioned, queen size bed, bedside tables, wardrobe and clock/radio,

P1010492AFO-1.jpg

Third bedroom with 4 bunk beds and wall mounted 3 speed fan and large chest of drawers.

P1010492AFO-1.jpg

Forgot to mention airconditioners are split systems not window rattlers so nice aqnd quiet.

Cheers

Ray

Ok casual vacancies only left now unless someone wishes to organise a cabin or camping for the full period.

hers is the moon phase for the week from fishsniffer.

22 23 24

First Quarter

1:40 PM 25

27 28

The 3 stars against 25 th and 26 supposed to indicate best fishing days but its a yank site so who knows?

Cheers

Ray

No time for berkky normally just coffee and toast but if master cook Dawson can be prevailed to do some of the cooking it will be 5 star dining if its me it will be stringy braised steak and chokoes.

Brian always finished his dinner off with icecream topped with frozen turkish delight chocolate chunks.

Faulked does a mean potato bake and also barra baked in white sauce topped with cheese.Plus green salads.

Cheers

Ray

For the record, I'll stay the entire time. If any of you guys are really serious I would suggest that someone takes the bulls by the horns and books a cabin.

We don't want to get to next Nov and not be able to accomadate everyone. The cabins are very compfy for up to 4 people.

Here's the next house we booked [img size=461]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/zxcv.JPG

Hope you are a better deckie then me poly, I spent most the time telling skipper what to do and skipper spent most the time with a pleasant smile. I think I was only 1 smart ass comment from being thrown overboard.

Guys - book the cabin if you are serious, they fill up very fast. Ask for the cabin at the brgining of the drive way and not the furtherest from the driveway. It has the better turning cycle.

Skipper needed advice especially when neglecting navigation to play with mobile phone.

As I recall most decisions were made by consensus.

I was thoroughly spoilt by my decky just had to select which lure I wished deployed and it was done. The only time I had to wind in my line was when I had a fish on.

Cheers and thanks Brian

Ray

Life as Ray deckie is just fine as long as you give him coffee before leaving home, his rod in water before you put yours, beer in cold stubbie cooler in his hand by 7.30am (earlier if he caught fish). Food at lunch time within time for him to have a snooze before arvo sesson. Then repeat after me: beers lures rods fish, beers lures rod fish, beers lures rod fish.

Oh yeah - you gotta hold the top flap of the fish while he rips the fillet from the frame.

Whoever get the deckie spot next year is in for a treat. [img size=461]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/zsdx.JPG

• 1 month later...

That's about $300 for 10 nights - yahooooooo

Book me in Dano.

Any new guys reading this, you should make the effort to come if you can. We will make you welcome and you'll have a great time catching monster barra.

There is a top class camping ground if the other accom is full.

Kriso... Is this what I confirmed with you today as I was about to be shot by a recruit with a training gun whilst at the academy.

So its Kriso, Shortie, Elli, and me in a house? Any chance of a refund?

LOL... nah only kidding, we will just have to store our food in the neighbours fridge as I am pretty sure our fridge will be full of grog...... or barra!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, with shortie being scared of rain and therefore me being up before sunrise (first time this year) for no reason I pondered heading back to bed but changed my mind and decided to get some chores done. Planned to do some paperwork and then fix the fence.

With that in mind I was quick to think of something distracting, so I decided instead to visit the the old girl who has been at Coorparoo Marine hospital since the BRC last year.

Had a chat to the surgeon and support staff who informed me she'll be healed and ready for action this coming week :woohoo:

Then headed for home back up Cav Road, but the car automatically started to indicate left when we got to the Old Cleveland Road intersection and I just knew it was taking me to the Tackle Warhouse.

I wandered in thinking "what am I here for - I don't need anything"...So I quickly reminded myself that Monduran in November is just around the corner, so time to start the lure collection for that.

3 barra lures, 4 Tassie devils, a cod-size spinnerbait and a new rod later saw me leave happily about an hour later.B)

Back home and played with tackle until dark.

Fence still needs repair and no paperwork done :laugh:

Archived