Monduran 20/11/to 30/11 2009.

rayke1938

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest report from Foxies.

05/11/09

Lake Monduran has continued to fire over the past week with barra up to 1.3 meters being caught.

The hot spot at the moment has been Bird Bay and casting and trolling both producing good barra.

The northerly winds have definitely improved the fishing and the water temps are up around the 27 and are holding well into the nights.

Cheers Foxie

Feral wrote:

That would be Barra.

They have a little BBQ on the veranda, we tend to live off that and the oven (Potato bake and yep - baked barra)

Well I hope you catch 1 big enough to feed us all then ;) If you wait for me you will deff loose some weight :laugh: I think I'll pack some Bacon chops & chook to be on the safe side.

Lozzel wrote:

Well time is rolling,not long to go now :woohoo:

Glenda would like to know what's on the MENU, ;) as she will be on holidays now that she has retired :laugh:

I'll be eating steak, chichen, fish, lamb, turkey, pork and that's just for breaky.

Lunch is beer and corned beef with pickles sangers.

Diner is choclate and icecream with beer and scotch

Boat snacks are beer and chips with corned beef sangers cause chocolate melts

You not copming Mal - L L L L Loooooser. :P

Mate if you change your mind and drop up for a couple of days Ray will let you sleep with him. If not you can share my bed. :kiss: You're welcome. :)

I only have one more weekend - holy fish trap batman I better get going on the new seats and rod holders. The wiring of the 2nd battery might have to wait.

Well Brian, its official, I'm taking less than 60 lures! Maybe only 3 rods (Have not quite convinced myself I only need 3, maybe 4!) 2 reels (well maybe 3) hmmm, stuff it I'll just empty the shed in to the boot!

woohoo, only 10 days to go, and boy do I need this holiday this year!

Mate if you change your mind and drop up for a couple of days Ray will let you sleep with him. If not you can share my bed. You're welcome.

Strange how the old fellas are offering to share their beds with the good looking young blokes. HMMMM i wonder :blush:

Seriously can always find a spare spot if you want to come up for a couple of days.You may end up under the house with the dog but you will be out of the rain.

What rain???

Just a minute dont have a dog also. :S

Cheers

Ray

Brian D wrote:

Lozzel wrote:
Well time is rolling,not long to go now :woohoo:

Glenda would like to know what's on the MENU, ;) as she will be on holidays now that she has retired :laugh:

I'll be eating steak, chichen, fish, lamb, turkey, pork and that's just for breaky.

Lunch is beer and corned beef with pickles sangers.

Diner is choclate and icecream with beer and scotch

Boat snacks are beer and chips with corned beef sangers cause chocolate melts

i like brian's idea on food .make me want to go just to eat .:)

From the TORUMS Act 1995

79 Driving etc. whilst under influence of liquor or drugs or

with prescribed concentration of alcohol in blood or

breath

(1) Any person who whilst under the influence of liquor or a

drug—

(a) drives a motor vehicle, tram, train or vessel; or

(B) attempts to put in motion a motor vehicle, tram, train or

vessel; or

© is in charge of a motor vehicle, tram, train or vessel;

is guilty of an offence and liable to a penalty not exceeding 28

penalty units or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 9

months.

vessel means any ship, boat, punt, ferry, air cushion vehicle

and every other kind of vessel used or apparently designed for

use in navigation whatever may be the means of its

propulsion.

rayke1938 wrote:

Mate if you change your mind and drop up for a couple of days Ray will let you sleep with him. If not you can share my bed. You're welcome.

You may end up under the house with the dog but you will be out of the rain.

What rain???

Just a minute dont have a dog also. :S

Cheers

Ray

Ray - what are you saying - the back up beer fridge and fillet freezer will be under the house, we can't let Mal in there, he'll drink us dry.

tomca wrote:

Nah occifer, dunno wot you talkin' about. Been anchored up to this tree for 3 days, nun of us bin drivin'. If we are movin, its coz the tides takin' us :blink:

The only copper I know that will be on the dam will not be concentrating on busting people, he will be focused on catching Barra and bloody big ones. Besides that - nooone on this site drinks and drives do they?

Feral wrote:

You should all sleep better this year, I'm bringing my "anti snore" CPAP machine with me.

Brian and Loz, I'll be expecting cash not to show it to your wives ;)

You wont sleep better - my snoring has got worse. Something to do with being fat I think.

ATM the rent for the house is about $200 per week per head or $30 per day for casuals (depending on the numbers staying). Ray and I will both chuck in a bit extra ($350) becuase we are staying longer. Who is staying in the house and for how long?.

I got Loz and Glenda for 7 nights

BD and ray 10 nights

Feral ????

Ferg????

anyone else?

Feral wrote:

At this stage Feral, Ferg and Clawhammer arrive monday, depart saturday.

Looks like hot bite periods will be Friday till Monday and saturday till monday :evil:

But dont worry we will send plenty of photos.

Hers is Foxies latest report.

15/11/09

These week fishing at Monduran was a bit ordinary early in the week until about Thursday when we had a change in wind direction and some hotter weather, this change made the barra fire up a bit more.

The lower sections of the lake have still been fishing well; the small islands in the Main Basin and Bird Bay have been producing good barra so has the shallow areas in A.

Further up the lake B and the point on the southern end of C are also fishing well.

The best casting lures in the soft plastics have been the Squidgies in Evil Minnow and the new Ginger Meggs colour, in hard bodies smaller lures like the small B52 and the Cult Obsession are working well.

Trollers are also catching a few around the points, 3-5 metre lures are producing the best results.

Cheers

Ray

Archived