colmslie again

noname

well i just got back from colmslie, what a trip.took the heavier rods tonight, something like6-8 kilo with 2500 size reel and a 4000 size reel on another rod, i was to use large livies. i got to the ramp and stuff me row, forgot the castnet, DOH :huh: . and nobody there to have a few throws either:ohmy: .ah well time for a plan B. lucky i had some plastic's in the boot along with a lot of switch blades and these silly little lures around the 1 inch long mark, dunno what they are, but i know they cost a bit. anyway, start to rig up these mongrel rods which have 30 lb braid and some ridiculous? bloody leader, then tie 1 of these silly little lures on, then head off to spot F as some have now called it.

no sooner than i cast it and i'm on, :ohmy:, oh no, here comes mr security officer to let me know i'm inside the 30 mtr of the rocks law, after releasing the breambo i went closer to have a chat with the sec off, and let him know i was within me rights to fish where i was and i could also beach my boat if i wanted to, i let him know who i was speaking to at p.a.which didn't seem to phase him, and i was bloody determined not to go anywhere else to fish, so he's on the phone and i called out my rego # as he was trying to write it down, i asked for his name, he replied, you don't need that, and i kept fishing,ended up with a heap of bream, so i will be going back tmz night to casuse more hayham

oh by the way the baitfish were going nuts, and it turned out to be a beautiful night on the water, the storms looked way south

i did take the camera by the way, but had to fish, every drift of about 80 mtrs produced 2 bream, so buggar the photo's. i got back from there again about an hour ago. had a chat with 1 of the security guys and he actually knew the rules and all was good, even tried to help him out with a few fish. i think only about 3 or 4 casts did not produce the goods tonight and that se change came through and the place shut down, i can't believe these silly little lure things actually catch fish, only problem is they don't cast very far, maybe 8 mtrs at best, but thats all good, got the place worked out now. the next trip will be for jack, jack, jackie. i think i have them sussed, but we'll see ay.

i have had trouble with the security plastic cop at the wharves before , he told me to move on cause i was closer then 30 mtrs ",BULL*#@!" i asked him if he could count , he replied with yes! i then told him to count how many containers on the ship docked. the ship had 12 containers wide which works at out 28.8 mtrs plus about 2-3mtrs either side of the containers..and i was about 80mtrs from the ship and about 10mtrs further out from the ship.. after telling him this he got the poops and told me to move because he gave me a direct order!!!!! lol lol hahaha he then told me he has just enforced a terrorist ruling and i now have to be 200mtrs from the dock!!!! what a crock of poo.. i choose to ignore him and took photos of my position and photos of him and told him to get the water police out here to arrest me!!so long as you are not anchored you can fish 30 mtrs from the docks and 30 mtrs from any international ships.. and in their own rulings it only applies to an active dock that is when the waterside restriction kicks in. so if they are working on the dock you cant be closer then 30 mtrs but if it is not working then the waterside restriction is lifted!! according to their rules..

thousandyards wrote:

what's the deal with PA and the laws around there?? can you fish within 30 metres and sec officers just don't know??

in any case, they're usually rent-a-cops with egos bigger than their skill sets......normally eat donuts or dumbells for breakfast too

the top paragraph is correct

Wesfish I would respectfully suggest that you check the POB website and also do a search on this site for correct information .

A wharf does not have to have a ship at the wharf to be operational.

I know that each shipping company employs its own security personal and they may not be up to date with correct rules.

If anyone has a hassle with any of these people take it up with the shipping company involved or ring the port authority.

The only people who can escalate a security status upgrade is the POB Authority themselves.

The personnel on the security boats portwatch 1 and 2 have always been polite and reasonable whenever I have met them.

Just a polite request to move.

I did not argue the point with them as I knew that I was in the wrong and the possibility of a near $4k fine is a sufficient deterrent to me.

You can still be pinged if your boat is within 30m and you are fishing. You do not have to be anchored.

The penalties are very high and its simply not worth the risk.

There are plenty of other spots to fish in.

Cheers

Ray

Here is an extract from a previous post.

Hello Raymond

there isn't a map available which designates that you can not fish as these areas may change due to security and safety issues for particular ships or projects continually changing within the Port.

The regulations state that vessels are not permitted in the following areas:

* Under any wharf

* Within 30 metres of any wharf

* Within 30 metres of any ship (except Cruiseships/Military ships/Fuel or Gas ships)

* Within 50 metres of any Fuel or Gas wharf

* Within 50 metres of any Cruiseship

* Within 200 metres of the dredge pump out areas around the dredge Amity

* Within 50 metres of any Waterside Construction site

* Any other area that may be deemed as a restricted area for any 'special event'

I hope this is of some assistance to you.

Regards

Neil Connell | Security Coordinator | Port of Brisbane Corporation

Locked Bag 1818 | Port of Brisbane QLD | Australia 4178

P +61 7 3258 4614 | f +61 7 3895 2417 | m 0431 506 283 | www.portbris.com.a

Archived