where to get good fresh bait in brisbane

thousandyards

don't know if there's something like this on here already but i do know fresh bait makes a lot of difference......sometimes servo pillies and mullet just don't cut it.

so......where do you get your bait from??

i've found a place at inala which is great - i think it's aussie seafood house. it's behind the servo on the inala/blunder road intersection. they might also have another branch at capalaba.

anyway, their mullet are always good, they often have large ones and smaller ones, plus yellowtail scad and sometimes slimy mackerel. check them out if you're after fresh bait.

what about anyone else??

Call it superstition, but Coles fresh prawns seem to work the best. The ones from other super markets don't quite cut it.

These prawns seem to hold up better compared to the little prawns from servos when getting bites. It actually works out to be cheaper than that of servos'.

Think an investment in a cast net still is best though. After 10 sessions, you'll recover your cost:laugh:

with using prawns for bait im sure i read somewhere that u can only use australian prawns forzen for fresh for bait as the ones imported are pumped with substances the government dont want getting into our systems.. funny thing is that they let us eat them? :laugh:

Please correct me if im wrong.

• 8 years later...

Archived