Lake Awonga Charters?

heidii

Looking at going to Lake Awonga for the long weekend. Since I have had no luck catching mangrove jack throught i'd try my luck on some barra with a CHARTER of corse as i wouldnt wanna come back catching nothing or i'd jump off a bridge!

Anyone know of any fishing charters at lake awonga that they could recommend?

Thanks guys!

happy :fishing: EVERYONE!

Yep. Jas Wilhelm would open your eyes. You get the full package with him. His Skeeter is awesome fun.

With this short notice I don't think you'd have much luck booking him though.

He's doing multi day charters now.

You learn so, so much fishing with a person of his calibre.

If your serious about chasing barra, my advice would be to save some coin and book a trip with him at a later stage. He's booked solid for quite a while.Get some mates on board to split the cost.

My family and I just got back from Gladstone where my young bloke and I spent three days with Jas, we weren't on charter, it was just a few mates fishing. The barra were really tough at Awoonga but I still had a great time.

At one stage we were silently slipping through the weedbeds and Jas must have pointed out five or six huge barra at the front of the boat making big boils in the water as they took off.

I strongly suggest you get in his boat for a few days ( you'd smile for a week )

Monduran, yes, Awoonga, dunno. Never been. But they're both massive dams, so to get to a place that may be worth fishing, you'd need to walk a long way.

If you want to get some fish, I would go out on a charter off 1770 or Gladstone in the salt. Good reefies and pelagics out there to get you into some ation:)

You will need deep pockets for charters on Awoonga. There are also Harro and mathew mott plus another guy there prices are all much the same with harro the dearest last time I enquired.

Cheaper rates at monduran with the resident guy at the park the cheapest and very good.

He is the only guy who is conciderate of other boaties he always slows down and gives you a wide berth when going past. That alone gives him my vote. He does hourly, half day and full bay trips. Paul Dolan also goes there.

I think that the monduran guy was $75 per hour and jason was around $1000 per day for up to 3 people.

Cheers

Ray

Plenty of Bank to fish from at Awoonga between the old and new ramps (maybe 1km?), but can be tough fishing there. There is boat hire available at both Awoonga and Monduran.

If you go to Awoonga you may just get that Jack anyway - it is also stocked with Mangrove Jack. Catches are rare but massive - mate got an 80cm 9 kilo one there last year

Archived