Red Gulp

Flattylover

Just thought I'd post this because I dont think anyone else will believe me...

Friend of mine caught a nice Yellow tail Kingfish on a \"Red Gulp\" artificial bait!!!!

Caught at GC Seaway

Anyone ever heard of something this unlikely.

I once caught three bream on long life Octopus soaked in muscle juice. The offending Bream had to swim past fresh cubed pilchard baits to get the stinking conconction!!

Cheers

Yeah what Cam said :P . The only 'real' lure is a hardbodied lure. Tim and myself have cleaned up on SX40's, CK40's and Aussie Attack's on Bream and Cod in the past two days. We lost count after 40 fish this afternoon when we were catching a Bream or Cod per cast at some new unfished rockwalls. I'm doing a report on it soon, maybe tommorow if I fall asleep.

But yes, I don't see how it is so unbeleivable to get a couple of rat Kingies on Gulp! :P .

Troy

Angus wrote:

Mate that does not surprise me one bit.

Plastics will catch anything bait will.

Plus i have heard of yellow tail kings coming into the seaway so it all adds up.

Good on him though!

Angus

you heard right there angus we used to get a few on liveys off the nor-east point of wavebreak.

the yellowtail kingfish i quite a common catch on plastics down south, my cousin jigs for them with 15-20cm plastics and 2-4oz jigheads on the reefs at various south coast spots

Archived