casual camping fishing socials

Davo_Dinkum

just a thought for some more casual events .camping fishing at local dams and beaches around Brisbane.sort of like the kookaburra event nothing to serious ,just a bit of fun and every1 pay and books cooks camps there own thing .just like a group getting together .i think they would be a bit less cost and more family friendly . or afo dose the group booking if thats a cheaper option .either way a donation goes to afo for organizing the event .

anyways i seen there was a few last year on the events page eg (the rainbow trip)and i think it would be a great thing.

the bass'in social that on now i would like to but me and mrs 360 $ thats ok .

me mrs and kids 1620$ but on that kind of event i would only maybe take the older 4 1080$.

for familys with 2 kids or more i think casual events mite be a better go.

any thaughts or ideas go for it guys :)

anyways that my 2 bob

Good idear davo those unoffical events are most times organized by the guys that come up with the idear or from something that is said on the fourm so if you have an inkling to do something or go somewhere throw it out there. My camping is mostly born from nice weekend,no work (not a prob at the mo),no kids sport,no other plans , lets go camping otherwise the boss would have me working around the house

lol they sure do bri..

rainbow waters holiday park:: [07] 54863200

it's right on the water at rainbow bri, nice park too. you can camp or stay in a cabin, your choice, either way is good with me, heaps of trees to camp under, like nice and shady for the arvo kip i meant, also a restaurant at the waters edge and the charter boys leave and return fron there as well, so can always pull up and have a stickky,

how are you for friday night in the bay azza, still a goer ??

Used to be quite a few of them. But we got a lot of "me to's" and it always ended up with the same stalwarts going in the end (everyone pulls out at the last minute). They still happen, not as often, but the posts about them are usually only token offers coz we know those likely to go have already been asked offline.

Last one was Glenlyon dam last year, the boys did a Fraser (or was it rainbow beach?)one last winter, Shortie did one to his mates unit last summer I think.

Shortie was trying to set up a camping yak one over christmas but not enough interest from memory.

Big one this year is of course the Monduran trip in November, lot of interest this time around, it'll be interesting to see how many actually end up going.

I'll probably put up the offer for another one out to Goondiwindi for the Carp Cull again, probably another Glenlyon one in Autumn depending on kids school holidays.

If I like Clarrie Hall this weekend I'll probably do a few day trip and set out invites there as well.

yep as feral said it can be a difficult task. can expect lotsa replies but generally it is the same people.

I have done a couple of these now and had a great time. but dont get frustrated by how big a response you can get but in the end have only the old faithful show up.

cant wait for the monduran trip this year. good group of guys going.

this is the ideal way to hav a great trip away with top blokes without having to pay $180 for other such trips.

hi guys, yeah im all for a camping trip. i wouldn't be keen on inskip,the last time i went there i cooked the motor,it cost me six grand:( oh well anyway,as a suggestion pumicestone passage might be another good place as there is plenty of camp sites on the river.most of them are only accessable by boat

eg. mission point, lime pocket.(close to donnybrook)

if there's any camping trips in this area count me in.

:) :fishing:

Guys I have always been a strong advocate of socials whenever someone wants to organise one.

Examples that spring to mind are:

Rainbow Beach Trip.

The recent Moreton Bay meet up.

Sharking Social.

All good fun.

The official events are more so we can do prizes, supply boats and gear to those that dont have it etc. Not for everyone, but thats why we try and diversify the type of events we run, from affordable half dayers with a BBQ and a few prizes to weekend long events.

I think anyone that has been to a Hinze Dam will vouch that for the complete lack of effort it takes to be there, a lot of fun is had!

I am happy to have people organise whatever they want in the forums as socials. Just when it becomes an official site event organised through me, the front page etc, that annoying word often pops up (insurance) and thats when costs become involved.

Cheers.

Angus

Azza had telephone interview with a mining/construction firm in mackay today,a few things are close but nothing yet.

As feral reminded me goondiwindi will come around again soon and then travis the whole robo rod army will be on duty.

Back to the post inskip and bribie way sound great.

Don't invite the mozzies.

ah kewl heaps of info and idea about :)

insurance i forgot about that swear word,always bumps the price of things up :(

sort killed the December Lake K Tilapia Cull

well i'm interested in all the events so will keep my ears out and hope i have the $ and i think i mite even try to organize 1 maybe lake maroon or moogerah .

i think they both have to camp sites on each so will sus out the sites and fee and time and see what i can come up with :)

good to see there is heaps happening official and casual events .hope this is a big year for it .

Keep your eyes peeled for an upcoming social fish and BBQ at either Wellington Point or Vic Point.

Bacon and Egg rolls for breakfast with a chat and chance for deckies to find their skippers, head out for a fish, then back for some more chat, measures, and sausage and onion sambos!

Now thats what AFO is all about..... so stay tuned!

Archived