Sunken Wall venture - Wed 11/02/09

raven

Last week of freedom before starting the new job on Monday. Been reading up on Sunken Wall and I'm keen to have a bash at it. Plan is to hit it about by 9.30am before the high but if I can get out of dropping the kids off I'll be there earlier! Bait wise thinking I'll give the whitebait a run and hopefully some livies as well if I can catch them on the bait rig. Open to further suggestions though on what ppl would suggest as preferred bait for the area.

Hopefully the rain will hold off a bit but I'll be going either which way.

If anyone's got the day off as well it would be great to have some company.

Cheers

Well... rocked up at the ramp and had a look up past the cement co place. I'm guessing its best to try and access this area at a lower tide? or do you attack it from a different direction? All I saw was a temporary fence right up against the wall and various trees, rocks etc blocking my way. With two rods, bait bucket, esky and tackle I was a little overloaded for a rock climbing adventure... Is there a trick to it - interested to find out from ppl that have been there lately.

Anyway, gave up and went to Scarborough jetty. Heaps of little piranhas but nothing else apart from one undersized Tailor.

Any advice on how best to approach the sunken wall (apart from using a boat) much appreciated.

Cheers

yeah dude... just man up and do it :)

If the tide is high, you'll have to go through and under the trees. There's a very unwalked ghetto track you can sorta follow. Very PITA if you have heaps of stuff to carry.

If the tide is low its easy as to just walk the beach and jump up at the beginning of the wall.

I tend to find that high tide is best though for fishing and I seem to do the best along that rock wall with the temp fencing behind it. Its quick snaggy below so either keep your lures high, or be prepared to lose a few.

Archived