bcf members night ipswich

jeff f

We went to one at Virginia last year and weren't impressed.

A Shimano rep showed a slideshow of fish he'd caught with his Stella.

Then Tommo cooked scones in his camp oven and we left shortly after that.

They had a few racks of rods they were trying to get rid of but no huge specials or anything.

bootyinblue wrote:

BCF Ipswich is located in RIverlink Complex. Cnr Pine and The Terrace North Ipswich. Just over town bridge heading to the Warrego.

I was thinking of going, but will now be sitting on the Logan Motorway for 10 hours at double dollars.... too much to pass up!

You working for Frank Booty? (Roadtek)

i went u didn't miss much

If you’re not yet a member but would like to attend, simply go along on the night to any of the participating stores and sign up, or simply visit www.bcf.com.au to join

so that's what i did

Club members will enjoy a free barbeque in support of their local charity group,i didn't bother standing in line there was heaps and heaps of people waiting for there hotdog.

heaps of staff there and 3 demos

it was ok

The Bogandome was ok.......

There was a guy there, dave i think his name was, giving some prtty good tips re SP's, and another guy with a little workshop on knots/rigging....

I think BCF have missed the mark with these nights though y'know, y'see i could walk into that store tomorrow and get the same tips re SP's and knots (i've done it before!).

There's nothing actually special about these nights at all....

The special deals weren't even really special deals, just the regular members discounts pretty much. someone at BCF needs to pull their finger out and have a think about what they would like on a night like this, what's so hard about just knocking a flat 10% off all lures (for example)?

If you give people incentive to buy, it only takes a small spark...think of it as a burley trail ! :laugh:

What starts as one SX40, ends up being a hundred or two hundred bucks dropped on the counter, it's simple really but these types of things are so often the concepts that get lost in the middle management lobotomy that gets carried out at companies like BCF...

Yeh i dropped a hunjie on the counter, i felt sorry for the bastards and there was some stuff i needed anyway. But i walked out of there thinking, more than ever, that i should direct more of my fishing $$ away from BCF and towards the smaller/standalone Tackle shops.

It's not about the people iin the stores (at BCF), they're great....unfortunately, like alot of customer service business these days, it's being botched up by knob jockeys who sit in a head office and think they have a clue about the real world.

They're only kidding themselves........

Geez these beers taste good....

But of ever second person dropped a hungy on the counter there tonight, then it would be classed as a success.

They are not a bad night, I had been to 3 at various stores previously and that was enough. There are some specials, but I agree the would do so much better knocking 10% off storewide instead of 50% off selected stuff.

Archived