Newbie Fisherwoman - Hi

Sarzfish1

Yeah Sarah just go to BCF and tell them your new to fishing.. You can get a complete set up for $50 or so including rod, reel, line, sinkers hooks and swivvels.. Just let them know your planning on doing abit of basic fishing around the river and they will point you in the right direction. A pack of frozen prawns and a river bank somewhere and your good to go.. Look up on www.youtube.com how to tie a blood knot.. Easiest most universal knot for bait fishing and your away..

welcome mate,

you will find a wealth of info on this site, being in middle park the jindalee and 17 miles rocks areas of the river are closest. bait wise bread, worms , prawns just about anything should get you at least a catfish or a bream. check out the middle and lower region river reports and that will give you ideas on where to go and can be caught. Also keep an eye out in the going fishing thread as tagging along with someone will get you some free pointers and a good chin wag, also plenty of events coming up as well so click on the site a bit and you wont miss anything. tight lines and look forward to your first report!

kriso

Welcome onboard Sarah,

There is masses of information on this site and if its not here then someone knows where to access it. So just ask away with questions and they will be answered.

If you are looking for a knots site then you cant go past http://www.animatedknots.com/index.php?LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com

Looking forward to your first rave about a huge fish you have landed.

Cheers,

Sarzfish1 wrote:

HI Everybody,

I am new to Brisbane... just moved to Middle Park. Looking for suggestions on good fishing spots..i'm only a beginner so tips are good!!!

Sarah!

Sarah as has already been said, plenty of good spots in the upper river close by.

You are also not a far drive out to a couple of great dams.

The fresh water sections, if freshwater is something you are interested in, of the Brisbane River around the Twin Bridges, Esk, Fernvale etc are also a great spot.

What sort of fishing are you interested in?

Cheers.

Angus

tomca wrote:

Hello and welcome.

Fig Tree Pocket boat ramp is a good land based spot.

And the pontoons at Jindalee are also a good spot to soak a prawn.

Keep an eye on the going fishing noticeboard and tag along.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions... all i have to do now is actually learn my way around Brisbane and find all these places!! Thanks for the tip TOMCA about checking the noticeboard... i may just tag along one day... except all you blokes will show me up!!! Good chance to meet some new people too!! :P:lol: Do any chicks turn up to your fishing expedititions?

Sarzfish1 wrote:

tomca wrote:
Hello and welcome.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions... all i have to do now is actually learn my way around Brisbane and find all these places!! Thanks for the tip TOMCA about checking the noticeboard... i may just tag along one day... except all you blokes will show me up!!! Good chance to meet some new people too!! :P:lol: Do any chicks turn up to your fishing expedititions?

Yeah we get plenty of female attendance, moreso at the camp.

AS Jeff pointed out the Bass social this weekend we have at least 5 or 6 ladies attending.

Cheers.

Angus

yeps there a few women out fishing and on the site .

few at the bass social ,me and the mrs where going to go but no luck no sitter:(

we usually fish during the week me the mrs. 1/2 the time one of friends comes along or one of my mates and his mrs.so feel free to tag along .most the time we see a few afo's where we fish.

as for the blokes showing u up the mrs and rach have been kicking my ass the last 2 weeks.there both new fisho's

check my post futher back in this thread its got a google map lots of spot near u :)

Sarzfish1 wrote:

tomca wrote:
Hello and welcome.

More than once, I've gone fishing with total newbies who have caught bigger/better/rarer fish than me. Often in the first couple of casts.

Most of us have room for a deckie on our boats, and spare kayaks to use if we do go out, don't be shy, it feels good to show off your catch to people who can appreciate it

tomca wrote:

Sarzfish1 wrote:
tomca wrote:
Hello and welcome.

More than once, I've gone fishing with total newbies who have caught bigger/better/rarer fish than me. Often in the first couple of casts.

Most of us have room for a deckie on our boats, and spare kayaks to use if we do go out, don't be shy, it feels good to show off your catch to people who can appreciate it

If anybody is on my side of town (still getting to know my way around so not sure which suburbs are close to me yet) and are interested in a fish somewhere locally next Sunday... let me know and i'll see if i can tag along.

Archived