fishing license for qld waters

boz

hi all just would like your input about maybe we should have a fishing license like nsw

as the fishing is a lot better and the quality of fish and crabs are a lot better.

the money could be used to improve water ways, build more reefs and restocking rivers as well as buying out the commercial side of fishing..

go easy now :dry:

i think it is a good idear if the money went some where use full like more boat ramps on the southern side of the brissy river and the one at amity point needs a real good over hall,i just find it hard to find a good ramp dont get me wrong i know there are good ramps there,but if they promote a place like amity point as a fishing village they should have a good ramp,but will we see the fees going somewhere usefull,if so then its a good move,there is so many ways to put the fees to a good cause,but if it is not what u want then it would be hard pill to swallow,cant keep everone happy.

i think if they are going to do it, the money would have to be paid to an organisation seperate to the governmaent to MAKE SURE it goes directly back into the fishing industry, via, more facilities, ramp upgrades, jetty repairs, etcetc

otherwise if the money is paid to the government itll be sure to be never spent on anything fishing related, they will see it as just another tax to spend on worthless crap

but the problem is what happens for those who only fish a couple times a year? like a father/son bonding time or something like that?

Personally, I think the fishing licence idea for NSW is pointless. I only go fishing with my Dad, and it's usually in the Tweed, so he needs a licence even though he doesn't fish all that often.

Another thing is that we have only ever kept one fish, so why should we have to pay if we keep virtually nothing?

I can see why the NSW government introduced it, but I think it needs to be more flexible.

lt obvious

Well lets see....

I've got -

Hinze Permit

Somerset / Wivanhoe Permit

Pay per go at Baroon

SIP

NSW fishing Permit,

Ready to fork out for Nth Pine when available

Probably a few hundreds worth really, and happy to pay them. Funding goes towards stocking fish in the areas I like to fish.

If the DPI would come to the party and allow salt water stocking in Qld, it would be a lot more palatable to most people (as most people only fish salt).

If the money was assured of going to restocking so there is fish for us into the future along with our children lets do it. Along with the way we need more fisheries officers, harsher penalties for those repeat offenders and more education to those opposed to the scheme, lets remember not so long ago people were againest fresh water permits and look what we have now some of the best fresh water fisheries anywhere in the world.With out permits the murray cod and mary river cod would all be but gone.

Permits would help the fish that suffer over fishing like kingfish,snapper and reef fish barramundi cod, coral trout along with other that are over fished.This would not only help fish but prawns,crabs and all those other goodies we all like to eat.

I waws still in Sydney when the permit scheme came in and I too was sceptical about it. BUT after seeing the licenses bought back from the trawlers that used to scrape the floor of Botany Bay and the upper Georges River of anything and everything, the fishing returned within about a 12 month period to consistently good catches. And that was the word around many recreational fishos in the area.

I am all for a user pay scheme as long as the revenue is ploughed back in appropriately.

Feral wrote:

Well lets see....

I've got -

Hinze Permit

Somerset / Wivanhoe Permit

Pay per go at Baroon

SIP

NSW fishing Permit,

Ready to fork out for Nth Pine when available

Probably a few hundreds worth really, and happy to pay them. Funding goes towards stocking fish in the areas I like to fish.

If the DPI would come to the party and allow salt water stocking in Qld, it would be a lot more palatable to most people (as most people only fish salt).

Feral You are sooooo on the money. Come on Qld get with the 21st centary. How about stocked jew, jacks, snapper, grassies, cobia and some stocked bait like whiting, herring and macks.

It will happen sooner or later. I am not so sure I will happen while I am in Qld as I have been offered a job in Dubai!

Archived