Am I just dreamin'?

goldnugget

Hi guys and girls....long time no chat. I have been spending a bit time hypothis....hyposithi........ sitting around with a little time on my hands and thinking. What I was thinking, in these more uncertain than ussual times, has anyone else thought of just packing in the ratrace, and moving up or down the coast somewhere (I'm thinking up the coast), and getting back to basics. I like a good feed of fish, and as long as I prepare them, the missus is happy to cook em.....the kids can just get used to the idea ;) . So what are the odds of setting up somewhere nice and peaceful, and living off (predominately) fresh catch of fish, crab and prawns. The shopping bill should take a dive yeah?.....and the serenity of being somewhere (anywhere) away from Ipswich and Brisbane you surley couldnt put a price on that. Sure the rents may be a round the same or steeper depending on where you go, but the ease of access to water would balance that out I thinks (land or boat based). Even in the Ippy region, my rent ATM is only $310 a week (will be going up before years end), and some areas up the coast compare well. Has anyone done it and not looked back, or am I just dreaming?:blink:

Jason

I dont mind the noosa,coolum area....but yeah Hervey bay I'm told is alright and the cost of living as far as realestate is pretty good too up there. I dont know if I'd go much further north....I hate high humidity B) .

I know noosa and coolum can be exxy...I'm about to check out realestate up there now ;) .

Jason

Oh Crap...just looking at realestate for rent in H/Bay and a 3 b/room house starts at under $200 a week....even half decent 4 b/room 2 bathroom for $250 a week. What a diference a hundred K's further north than Noosa makes (Which start at $320 a week plus).

have the same feelings, every time i get the sh*ts with the rat race,every cpl of months or go camping up the coast, i want to leave brisbane /ipswich and move a fresh start and a new life :)

cooloola cove is 20 min from rainbow beach,has all the amenities,and a normal house on 1000sm block is about 280 to 300 thou so about the same as ipswich or outer brisbane suburbs.only draw back i can see is that work mite be seasonal,flat out in peak tourist period and slow in winter.depending on what kind of work u do.we almost packed up and sold up 6 mths ago only thing that stoped us was being 300 km away from family and the houses rise in price a lot faster here than in cooloola cove .but worth a look into the rent or buy prices there since there about the same as down here:)

Davo I did a quick check around Hervey Bay on realestate for sale and prices at $240K + so I may need to serious look at that side of it before paying someone elses morgage. Yes Booty....if you really want to make the break with Ipswich and things pan out, youd be welcome too (i'd have to check with the missus first ok?). Maybe we should buy an old hotel/boarding house up there and have it open to only fisherman/woman types that want to enjoy the area......hmmmm. That one would be out of my price range, but the more I'm looking into the area the better its starting to look. The only problem is .....where do you go on holidays if you move to where you ussually want to go on holidays? Hint....I dont think I'd be spending Hols in Ippy :huh:

Your right Davo...my other interest is in prospecting gold and opal, so I guess inland on holidays. Well me and the other half have decided we are moving up there by the years end. Sure its a long time to plan it out, but we should do it properly I guess. All we have to do is sort out the minor details.....find somewhere to live, move the 3 kids to schools up there, break our lease, move our furnishings, quit my part-time casual job and then we're home free :woohoo: . We'll be sure to find something with plenty of land for visitors ;) . In all honesty I dont know why we didnt decide on this earlier, but better late than never.

Jason

Archived