State Of Origin Comp - Event Details

Angus

Please find below all the info for the comp.

Looking forward to this one guys!

[img size=224]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/stateoforigin_combined_bcf.gif

Brisbane Fishing Online and North Coast Fishing proudly present the first ever State Of Origin Fishing Competition. This event is intended as an opportunity to continue our state rivalry in a friendly fashion on a new playing field - fishing. Remember, this is a QLD vs. NSW competition, not a AFO vs. NCF competition, so please mark which State you are representing in your registration email.

WHEN:

The event will be held over the 22nd, 23rd and 24th of May. Participants may compete for as much or as little of the event as they choose, as long as they comply with the registration and fish entering process.

WHERE:

The event will be held at Brunswick Heads in northern New South Wales. Brunswick heads offers a vast array of fishing opportunities including estuary fishing both land based and boat, break wall fishing, beach fishing and offshore. All avenues will be options for this event.

EVENT HQ:

The event HQ will be located at the Ferry Reserve Holiday Park. All registration and submitting entries will be held at the Event HQ. For a map of the location to make finding Ferry Reserve easy, please click this website link: http://www.ferryreserve.com.au/?D=27

SOCIAL:

Saturday night the 23rd of May there will be an informal gathering at the Brunswick Heads Hotel. A bar tab and door prizes will be on offer.

ACCOMMODATION:

A vast range of accommodation including camping, cabins and motel rooms can be found in the AFO forum as well as on the www.brunswickheads.com.au website.

CATEGORIES:

There will be 5 prize categories for this event:

[li]Longest Trevally (Any Species including Dart/Swallowtail)[/li]

[li]Longest Jew Fish/Mullloway[/li]

[li]Longest Bream[/li]

[li]Longest Flathead[/li]

[li]Longest Tailor[/li]

[li]Under 12 Years old best miscellaneous fish[/li]

[img size=600]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/images/stories/competitions/stateoforigin/stateoforigin_vs_bcf.jpg

STATE OF ORIGIN:

To decide the winning State in the State of Origin, each state will receive State Points on each place for each category. So once all entries have been submitted, the competitor that wins each place will receive State Points for the State they are representing. The State Points will be tallied up and the winning State will be the one with the most points.

[li]1st Place = 3 State Points[/li]

[li]2nd Place = 2 State Points[/li]

[li]3rd Place = 1 State Point[/li]

PRIZES:

[img size=200]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/images/stories/competitions/stateoforigin/logo_bcf.jpg

BCF have provided the following great prizes:

1st Place in a category: Abu Garcia Black Max Baitcaster Combo.

2nd Place in a category: Assorted Berkley GULP Soft Plastics.

3rd Place in a category: Assorted Berkley GULP Soft Plastics.

Under 12 Years Old Best Misc: Daiwa Sweepfire-E 2500 Spinning Reel.

EVENT REGISTRATION (BEFORE THE EVENT):

To register for this event please email the following details to angus@australianfishing.com.au (please cut and pate the format from below for consistency).

1. Full Name: eg John Smith

2. State You Are Representing: eg Qld

3. Contact Number: eg 0407123456

4. Email Address: eg johnsmith@hotmail.com

5. Payment Reference: eg johnsmith-soo

6. T-Shirt Size: eg XL (either S,M,L,XL,XXL,XXXL,XXXXL)

7. Junior (under 12) or Adult: eg Adult

8. Payment: The event cost is $60. This will include a NSW Brag Mat (which is to be used for all fish entries), the prize pool and an event T-Shirt. There will also be some money used for a bar tab on the Saturday night. Please pay your the registration fee by direct deposit into:

Account Name: Brisbane Fishing Online

BSB: 124103

Account Number: 20364022

Reference: eg yourname-soo (Ensure it matches the Payment Reference in your registration email otherwise we will require another payment!)

EVENT REGISTRATION (ON THE DAY):

You may register to compete at 6:00am -7:30am on the 22nd, 23rd & 24th of May. We will be set up at the Event HQ at this time on each of the 3 days. However, if you do register to compete on the day you will not receive an entry kit (brag mat and tshirt) but will only receive an official measuring substitute instead of a brag mat and the unique item. The cost is $60 to register on the day at the event.

REGISTRATION DUE DATE:

Please note, registration is due no later than the 10th May 2009. There is a lot to organise for this event so we would appreciate everyone registering ASAP. If you do not register by this date you will have to register on the day and as such will not receive an entry kit.

EVENT BRIEFING:

Everyone needs to report for a quick briefing and to recieve their entry kits before they commence fishing. Ensure you have your name ticked off as competing. You may report for briefing between 6:00am - 7:30am on the 22nd, 23rd & 24th of May. We will be set up at the Event HQ at this time on each of the3 days. You only need to front-up and report on the first morning you are fishing. Ensure you report to Event HQ before you begin competing as you will be issued a brag mat and a unique item that all photo entries must include.

FISH ENTRY PROCESS:

All entries for this event will be photo entries allowing for catch and release of all fish. You may keep fish to eat if you so desire but NO fish will be measured at the entry station. All photo entries are to include:

[li]The complete fish on the brag mat[/li]

[li]The unique item placed in clear view[/li]

Photo’s will be uploaded to a lap top on location so PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR CAMERA'S USB CABLE. Failure to do so will cause the entry to be null and void. Viewing a photo from the screen of the camera will not be counted as an entry.

The submitting of entries for this competition will occur between 12:00 Midday and 3:00pm on Sunday the 23rd of May at the Event HQ. Entries not made within this time frame will also be null and void. The judge’s decision is final in assessing these entries and no further appeals will be undertaken.

JUNIOR (UNDER 12'S) ENTRY PROCESS: The Junior category will cost $10 to enter. Each junior will need to register by emailing a Registration Email and ensuring that Junior is written in the appropriate field. Junior photo entries will not require a brag mat photo, just a photo of the junior holding up the fish. The Junior prize will be awarded to the best miscellaneous fish as decided by the judging panel. Junior entries will not receive an entry kit (brag mat & tshirt)

PRIZE PRESENTATION:

The prize presentation will occur at 4:00pm on Sunday at the Event HQ. We would encourage all entrants to be present for this event. If you cannot make it to the prize presentation, please nominate someone to accept a prize in the event that you win one.

NOTES:

[li]All fish entered must comply with NSW legal sizes[/li]

[li]It is the competitor's responsibility to have a valid NSW fishing permit/licence and may be asked to show it to event organisers at their Event Briefing[/li]

[li]The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry to any persons they deem unsuitable to compete[/li]

[li]The judging will be conducted by a panel of organisers from both QLD & NSW[/li]

OFFICIAL GRAPHICS AND LOGO:

If you want to download an official QLD or NSW Supporter's Badge to use as your Profile's Avatar or download the official event logo to promote the event you can find official graphics for download in the AFO Downloads section

cant have signatures anymore but if we did mine would be this

we will fight them on the beaches

we will outdrink them in thier pub

were gunna outfish NSW cause their a bunch of dirty grubs!!! QUEENSLANDER!!!!!

Admin Note: Forum signatures will be back shortly (in a few weeks)

Get NSW fishing licence on line.

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/recreational/licence-fee

I got a year one when I went to clarrie hall a month or so back.

They call it a "receipt" that you have to have on you. If you get 12 months it is like a credit card, (They mail it to you, keep the printed receipt until it arrives)less you just have to print it out like we do the SIP.

Copy of Email from NSW DPI about who needs a licence

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your question. In NSW, you require a fishing licence if you are 18 or over, unless the holder of a current Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink or Veterans Affairs. More information about exemptions is available on the website: http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/recreational/licence-fee/exemptions

Regards, David Masters

Fisheries Information-Advisory

PH 1300 550 474

kriso wrote:

does anyone know of boat hire around the area?

Mate I have never seen hire boats in the river sorry.

I must stress that this river is possibly one of my favourite land based fishing spots EVER. There are so many land based options its crazy. When you see the geography you'll understand. But there are stacks of tributaries, rock walls, marinas and so on.

All species on offer will be potentially accessible land based :)

Angus

This sounds great gonna try and make it to this one. Just gotta check the uni exam times tonight and then im in the clear.

Out of curiosity, we just got a boat, whats the laws regarding sleeping in it?

Cant wait!!

Cheers

DAn

Sleeping in boats is not much different from normal boating rules - just need to remember someone with a licence has to be sober at all times, even if anchored up.

Also dont forget the anchor light laws are different in NSW, your anchor light must be 1m above the highest part of the boat (in qld its 1m above side lights).

Local harbour master may have some rules about it.

Plenty of ideal little nooks and crannies to anchor up in as well so I dont think it would be a problem.

For those that have never seen this river i think youll be blown away. Its frikkin fantastic. I think I am looking forward to this event more than any others I have done!

Talking to Maxi about making this a proper 3 game season next year. :P

Maybe Game 1 at the Bruns.

Game 2 in the Noosa or some other northern river.

Game 3 Tweed.

Could be fun :)

yep be good to see qld get flogged 3 times instead of once .... hahahahaaa

just keep in mind all, that we will be putting a bit of pressure on this little river over the 3 days and releasing most fish would keep us in good stead with the local fraternity... its not a rule by any means but might be worth noting ...

cheers

Maxi

maxi wrote:

yep be good to see qld get flogged 3 times instead of once .... hahahahaaa

just keep in mind all, that we will be putting a bit of pressure on this little river over the 3 days and releasing most fish would keep us in good stead with the local fraternity... its not a rule by any means but might be worth noting ...

cheers

Maxi

A Agree Maxi. Hence the submission of fish entries allows for total catch and release where desired.

Cheers.

Angus

Feral wrote:

Brian - It says it'll cost ya $60 bucks to go fishing and there is a subsidised booze up saturday night.

ok paid and registered via email to Angus

yahooooo $60 for a big shirt, a brag mat and a skin full, sounds ok to me especially when I will be taking home the prize pool of goodies.

paid for my nsw fishing permit but the site stuffed up and I have no clue if the process was successful. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hey Maxi,

Could you post something for us rednecks to peruse regarding different rules on boating/fishing in your fine state.

I'd hate to ruin my weekend with a fine for something stupid like a cast net in my storage hatch.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

regarding the species list for origin comp nsw rules ...

TREVALLY....min length (all species) .........................30 cm

BREAM ......min length yellowfin (which is what we have) ...25 cm

MULLOWAY.(jew)....min length ...............................45 cm

FLATHEAD.(dusky, be very surprised at another species) ......36 cm

TAILOR ... min length ......................................30 cm

you will find all relevant info regarding nsw (the winning team LOL) rules and regs here ..:laugh: :woohoo:

/>http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/recreational/regulations/sw/sw-bag-and-size

goldnugget wrote:

for those in the Ipswich area, the fishing tackle shop in nth Ippy sells NSW permits, I think the guys at redbank (near the motorway) do as well.....sorry dont know the names of the businesses (i'm a shocker for that lol), but guys in Ipswich should know them.

that would be charltons

what about some of you anglers coming onto NCF and telling us how you intend to flog us...poor old feral is trying to hold his own for yas but hes failing miserably... he really needs some help lol lol

he will never admit it though hahaheheh

maxi wrote:

regarding the species list for origin comp nsw rules ...

TREVALLY....min length (all species) .........................30 cm

BREAM ......min length yellowfin (which is what we have) ...25 cm

MULLOWAY.(jew)....min length ...............................45 cm

FLATHEAD.(dusky, be very surprised at another species) ......36 cm

TAILOR ... min length ......................................30 cm

you will find all relevant info regarding nsw (the winning team LOL) rules and regs here ..:laugh: :woohoo:

/>http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/recreational/regulations/sw/sw-bag-and-size

I thought tailor had a legal size of 33cm in NSW??? :huh:

Dusky wrote:

No the website says 30cm mate!!

geez... you mean i'd been letting legal sized ones go all these years????? :blush:

feral is more than capable off taking on a bunch of rowdy NSW-men single handed. while he knocks back a beer with the other hand! :laugh:

Archived