Hi-viz Braid

Bri The Pom

well the advatages: u can see it, doesnt stretch, really thin diametre for its breaking strain eg 6lb fireline is the same diamter as 2lb mono./disadvantages, fish can see it in fairely clear water (hence a flurocarbon/mono leader) harder to cut through and creates more wind notes and birdsnests on lower quality reels not designed for it...and thats about all i know...but it also says should i stick with clear?? does that mean u are using crystal fireline or mono/fluro...cus u can also get fireline crystal which is a sorta whitetish clearish coulour and the fish cant see it as easy.

it also says as a general fishing rule whats the best breaking strain. well are you in the uk or are u from the uk moved to australia...becuase if ur in the uk i cant really help you but if ur in aus and fishing brissy river i would use 4 or 6

cheers cameron

Thanks Cameron, Im in the uk at the moment but moving to the Coomera area soon.Yes i was thinking of the fireline crystal,so about 4 - 6lb thats great, i suppose that would'nt be different for Coomera.

Reading various messages it seems that a lot of you guys know each other and fish together,do any of the other guys live as far down as Coomera area and if so some info would be great and i can read your messages with hope that i will be fishing the places you talk about.

Cheers

Bri.

um i dont think i live near coomera...also another tip if ur reel has 2 spools u can have a spool with like really light fireling like 2 pound crystal if your only going to be chasing fish like bream and u can have another spool with 4-6 pound if ur going to encounter some bigger fish

Post edited by: Gerty_92, at: 2007/01/08 08:02

Archived