What am i doing wrong

shortie

damn Bro, u got more issues than National Geographic tonight ! ;-P

First off, we must live pretty close to each other if you're fishing Ox creek...where abouts in the creek where you/have you tried ?

Personally, i havent fished it in a while as i've found it pretty hard work. To get confident with using a new lure format, i reckon you need to go somewhere where the fish are "easy" (easier....? less difficult?...slighty more gullible...?) to catch.....

You might try jumping the fence near the old water police station under the Story Bridge, or even heading north or sout to the canals on the goldie or sunny coasts....

Catching a few on them in "easier" to catch places will give you the confidence to be able to catch them in the hard-fishing areas............

does that make sense...?

i have not really used sp but when i got frustrated using hard bodies i went to a place i new i would get a hit and i could see the fish i went to the amity jetty after the yellow tailed pike and threw a lure in and watch it as i reeled it in fast and slow and got to a speed that i would get on every retrieve i dont know if it would work the same but might be worth a try

personally I wouldnt be bothered with oxley creek at all,

I have found the river for the most part past brekky creek is too murkey to seriously target fish with lures, even breky creek is pea soup IMO.

maybe closer to the river mouth early morning, or shultz canal on dawn or dusk at outgoing tide.

Little 3" berkely mullets in nuke chook or squidgie minow paddle tails in bloodworn

(mango ripple, lime tiger, pumkinseed, camo,banana prawn are also popular choices in color) should yeild a flattie or a bream in clearer water in the mornin.

just pick your jigg so its not to big and heavy but just right.

cheers

although the original thread is not serious (lol) im going to disagree with that the_core, i've had plenty of success with lures in the murky water past kangaroo point even when it was real murky, both hb's and softies. its like fishing lures at night, visibility is poor also and the lateral line takes over sensing vibrations in the water, or with gulps, the scent trail kicks in lol.

on a side note the water at oxley creek was surprisingly clear today, clearer than i've ever seen it even with the recent rain :o

nadders wrote:

although the original thread is not serious (lol) im going to disagree with that the_core, i've had plenty of success with lures in the murky water past kangaroo point even when it was real murky, both hb's and softies. its like fishing lures at night, visibility is poor also and the lateral line takes over sensing vibrations in the water, or with gulps, the scent trail kicks in lol.

on a side note the water at oxley creek was surprisingly clear today, clearer than i've ever seen it even with the recent rain :o

so I assume you have been catching a few?

the_core wrote:

I have found the river for the most part past brekky creek is too murkey to seriously target fish with lures, even breky creek is pea soup IMO.

Someone pulled a great jack out of Oxley creek about a month back. Can anyone remember who it was? I was keen to find out some details but the thread was deleted.

Joel ;)

obone wrote:

the_core wrote:

Someone pulled a great jack out of Oxley creek about a month back. Can anyone remember who it was? I was keen to find out some details but the thread was deleted.

Joel ;)

I think you mean Breky creek

and anyway dude who cares about "somone"

how many fish have you yourself pulled out of oxley ck?

the_core wrote:

obone wrote:
the_core wrote:

Joel ;)

I think you mean Breky creek

and anyway dude who cares about "somone"

how many fish have you yourself pulled out of oxley ck?

You serious? I was merely commenting on the fact that 'someone' caught a jack in Oxley Creek and perhaps was worth a try, rather than a cursory "too murkey to seriously target fish with lures."

Joel ;)

Archived