Awoonga - 2007

Brian D

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good!

Brian just rang, he has arrived at Gin Gin, booking in now, then hitting Monduran! The Sod!

I got myself a new phone today, a next G unit. Sick of the vodaphone unit being useless 3 steps outside of Brisbane! I've texted most people who's number I have in my phone to let them know, but I'll keep the old phone going for a few weeks just in case.

I also picked up some bargains at Vinnies botique for the trip as well.

Stainless steel tea pot (to boil on the portable gas stove) $3

Something called the chip machine, which is basically a deep pot and a wire basket for cooking chips for $6.50

A wet weather anorak type of thing for $6.50 in perfect condition. A Size to small for me, so Ferg will get to use it in the boat! (I've got a good one anyway)

Feral wrote:

4 pots applies, not sure about the age limit, its not mentioned in the freshwater section of the guide, only the salt for crab pots does it say over 15, and then only if chasing sand crabs, mud crabs or spanner crabs (is there any others?).

red spot crabs

Been getting everything ready today, Scotts coming over later today to drop off some gear and help pack the 4x4, Then just 1 more sleep:cheer:

We will be heading off around 5.30 - 6.00 tomorrow morning. Might see if I can catch Feral on the way. I doubt it as I don't like going to quick with the boat on the back.;)

we will probably be leaving Ferg's around6:15-6:30 so you wont be to far behind, I sit around the 100k mark towing the boat generally, but might be slower with everything loaded up.

The pile is getting sorted, does not look anywhere near as big now. Found one of my reels is looking a bit sus, not winding line all the way to the top of the spool properly, hopefully just not seated on the spindle properly, but just chucked another reel in, just in case.

Archived